Originally Posted by parkerracing
Bring your muzzeloader to the auction (you might get a better deal)/:\
Now thats funny
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Dick Whittington
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PRNDL
Ahhhh.... didn't notice. But he displays his auctioneer credentials openly/all the time so it is not surprising.

Since he (and his wife) are sort of 68 experts maybe I shouldn't go expecting to find some 68 "treasures".
Y'all missed a hum dinger. I did not buy anything for myself. Had a couple of phone bidders and three bidders with pre-bids for selected items. A lot of the parts went to the West Coast to be resold.

Without proper disclosure, it is improper for an auctioneer to purchase anything he is selling. I openly display my credentials so there is no confusion about what I do, or where I am coming from when I make a post. We have been out of the Corvette parts business for over 10 years and have no desire, nor do we have the physical ability to fight those battles again.

Thanks to all those that came, quite a few bargains were purchased
Old 11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 549 Likes on 376 Posts

In California, you can register a 1975 car and earlier, and not have to pass smog tests. This means you can buy a 1975 and earlier, restore it, add a low technology high horsepower engine and register it for road use. This means you can build a low technology engined car to compete with today's high technology cars. With no concern with smog controls, a low technology engine can compete with today's high technology engines at a fraction of the cost.

About my use of the term "low technology engine". I'm thinking about the GM Performance Part Engines. They are low technology engines with respect to carburation and ignition. They do have very modern advanced cylinder head intake and exhaust flow rates, roller cams, aluminum engine parts, etc.
For California, buying a 1975 car or earlier, and putting in a GMPP parts high performance engine is a very attractive alternative to buying a very expensive new car with the same HP performance.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 11-24-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:42 AM
1976 corvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick Whittington
Y'all missed a hum dinger. I did not buy anything for myself. Had a couple of phone bidders and three bidders with pre-bids for selected items. A lot of the parts went to the West Coast to be resold.

Without proper disclosure, it is improper for an auctioneer to purchase anything he is selling. I openly display my credentials so there is no confusion about what I do, or where I am coming from when I make a post. We have been out of the Corvette parts business for over 10 years and have no desire, nor do we have the physical ability to fight those battles again.

Thanks to all those that came, quite a few bargains were purchased
I missed the cars but I was there for the parts auction. You guys did a great job clearing out all the parts fast.

Quick Reply: 100 salvage corvette auction (mostly C3s) Forest City, NC 11/05/11