Need Corvette Moving Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:11 AM
DaJesterMan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Corvette Moving Advice

Gents,

I am PCSing and need to move both my 2000 Jetta and my '77 vette. I was wondering if anyone had rented a moving truck and pulled their Corvette up inside. If so, which company and truck size? Any other bright ideas are welcome! I am trying to avoid shipping either car via car shipping. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
couperdecar
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If its not too far - I'd use a towbar. Remove the driveshaft if its an automatic
Old 08-20-2011, 02:28 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Call around to some of the home moving van companies. They can haul your cars, too...if they have enough space available on one of their runs. This is a much LESS expensive option than renting a truck/trailer, paying for additional insurance AND paying for all the fuel. You will need to call your insurance agent and ask about how to assure that your car will be covered during such a transport. They can probably add a short-term rider to your policy to cover any circumstance for very little additional money.

If you are hiring a moving company for your household goods, anyway, just ask them if they can include your car(s).

Get notified of new replies

To Need Corvette Moving Advice

Quick Reply: Need Corvette Moving Advice