C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hushmat, dynamat, jute, original underlayment, and other sound and heat barriers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe check with forum sponser "b-quiet.com" out of Can, as know a few guy's who've used this, and very reasonble cost. For a few buck's shipping, they'll send out a sample card, and look's like pretty good product.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 AM
thinksnow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done installing the Raammat products and they were very easy to install. It isn't the cheapest, but it looks like good stuff. I am still in the process of installing the stereo so I haven't had a chance to drive it yet.

I know it sure made a difference in the sounds of the doors when closed. They sounded loud and cheap with rattles before. Now the doors sound like newer cars when closed.

I installed one side of the car and rapped on the floor pan. Then I did the same on the other side and it made a HUGE difference in noise. It took some time to install, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

ANY sound deadening/insulation that you install will be better than nothing. Spend some time and money and do it right the first time. You might get by with some of the cheaper stuff, but you may end up replacing it at a later time with higher quality stuff.JMO

Last edited by thinksnow; 05-22-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:25 AM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used Dynamat Extreme for sound deadening and reflectix for heat barrier...

Quick Reply: Hushmat, dynamat, jute, original underlayment, and other sound and heat barriers