C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: I have to sell my 78 corvette… but what’s it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by dgr72vette
...from April 2011 Corvette Magazine

since you describe it as a good "project car" for someone, i would think that the "needs TLC" category above would be the best you could dream for. taking geography out of the equation (because the the exact same car will sell for different amounts depending on where in the country it is being bought/sold). the car you described in un-driven condition (for the past 13 years) i would think it would be worth (which is your question - "what is it worth"), $5000 sounds about right. a friend of mine bought an original owner 78 4 speed car with complete service records from the original selling dealership with everything on it working (including OEM seat coverings replaced within the previous 2 years) for $6000 about 18 months ago. as previously pointed out by another poster, you will get as many different opinions as the number of people who post replies to your request. when you are dealing with older cars basically it comes down to whatever someone is willing to pay for whatever it is that you are selling. unfortunately, later 70's to 82 C3 corvettes are probably the least desirable at this point in time.

Quick Reply: Help: I have to sell my 78 corvette… but what’s it worth?