Sponsored by:

Under layment for carpet

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
topless72
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under layment for carpet

After reading all the threads I could find, I went to the local HD and bought a roll of their frost king product. I want to know if this is the product, looks like it is the correct product. Want to double check before the entire process begins. Also has anyone doubled up the product on the tunnel and floor.

Thanxs.
Mike J
Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
toolman1981
Racer

Originally Posted by topless72
After reading all the threads I could find, I went to the local HD and bought a roll of their frost king product. I want to know if this is the product, looks like it is the correct product. Want to double check before the entire process begins. Also has anyone doubled up the product on the tunnel and floor.

Thanxs.
Mike J
I have doubled it up, however, I would not suggest doubling it up around the gas pedal. It will cause difficulty and clearance issues with some of your shoes leading to inadvertently hitting the brake when pressing the gas.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
texaswilkins
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the same HD roll of insulation. When I put it in I had extra so I layed it out double before I put the carpet in. I set the carpet in and it felt like I was going to have problems so I pulled the second layer out. Everything fits snugly with one layer and the padding on my new carpet.

Bill
Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
topless72
Advanced

Thanks Guys, a friend bring over some hush mat on Sat. maybe order that Ill compare side by side.

Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To Under layment for carpet

Quick Reply: Under layment for carpet