Sponsored by:

Nice day in december

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Ironman Motorsports
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice day in december

It broke 50 today in Indiana, its been highs in the 20s for weeks now and been under snow just as long, got to see the lawn again so I pulled vette out of the garage and washed the dust off and let it run for a bit. Then I did one of my winter projects while I was out, I pulled the steering control valve off and rebuilt it. Was pretty simple, just hope it doesn't come back to bite me and keep leakin, realized I didn't have enough power steering fluid after I tore it apart so I'll find out tomorrow if it passes the smoke test. Got my fingers crossed.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Ironman Motorsports
Instructor

And it passes the smoke test with flying colors. No more leaks no more problems. Best $10 I ever spent
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand the spring fever fellow Hoosier.

Suppose to hit 50+ again today, to bad it's raining and foggy from all the snow melt. My 8 year old walked outside this morning and said "Looks like I can put my winter coat away." I said Yup, until tomorrow anyway.

I'm wanting to take the Vette for a ride so bad, but today's rain and all the road salt just don't mix with a Vette.

You ever run into Mellencamp down there??? I went to IU back in the early 90's and ran into him at about 2 in the morning doing his grocery shopping.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Ironman Motorsports
Instructor

Still no rain here but wet, I want to drive mine too but up and down the driveway will have to do for now I suppose. You know your the 2nd person on here thats asked about Mellencamp, yes I saw him out riding his motorcycle by Bloomington, I passed him on mine and he was too high and mighty to wave back. Funny thing was even at 60 mph his hair still held its shape! No joke. I laughed all the way home
Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 430 Likes on 308 Posts

Yup, it's over 50 here and sunny today, the warmest temps we've had in a month. Too bad there's still some snow on the roads in the shadiest of spots, so no drive for the Vette, but I have been out in the garage working on it today.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 PM
turbo78vair
Instructor

Default Nice day in Indiana

Hey Ironman, glad that you got the steering control valve fixed with no trouble and/or leaks. I had the pace car out this afternoon for a warm up and exercise. It hadn't been started since mid-November. I put about 15 miles on it today.

Take care - Gary

Get notified of new replies

To Nice day in december

Quick Reply: Nice day in december