Sponsored by:

Willcox shipping stinks

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Willcox shipping stinks

If you need your parts in a timely manner, I highly recommend you not order from Willcox.

Back in September I needed to replace the fuel pump. The old "S" line was shot, I tried a regular line but in was kinking, so I placed an order with Willcox (ordered a bunch of other stuff while I was at it too). This was on a Tuesday. I needed to have the car ready for the weekend, so I paid for 2'nd day air, and get an email saying I would receive the order on Friday - ok, great. Well Friday came and went, thought "maybe show up on Saturday?", nope. Called Monday, and was told they were looking into it - well order finally went out that Tuesday, and I got it on Friday - a week late.

Ok - well I figured "mistakes happen".

So, I placed an order in November. Get an email saying I will receive my order in 7-10 business days. Willcox does not send you a tracking number, so I patiently have waited 12 business days (20 calender days). I call and ask about the order, and I'm told it was shipped priority mail TODAY.

I just can't see ordering from them again. I've ordered from them a number of times in the past without problem. But now, two times in a row if I hadn't called them back, I don't think I would have ever gotten my order. One of the big problems is the lack of a tracking number.

I really like Willcox posting on the forum, and the information provided is great. But still, the way the company has been operating is inexcusable in my book.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
rugerm44
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of them are the same.Corvette America sends part of your order and dosent let you know that some of its back ordered till you get it.Dont get me started on paragon.I dont quite understand their thinking.I order from summit racing.They let you know if its in stock before you even order it.If it is it ships with in hours of placing the order.Thats my idea of customer service!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rugerm44
Most of them are the same.Corvette America sends part of your order and dosent let you know that some of its back ordered till you get it.Dont get me started on paragon.I dont quite understand their thinking.I order from summit racing.They let you know if its in stock before you even order it.If it is it ships with in hours of placing the order.Thats my idea of customer service!
Funny you should mention that. The order I place in September for the 2nd day air. After I placed the order, I got a call from Willcox right away, there was a part on my order that would need to be backordered, and "what did I want to do?". It was one of the things I added to my order just because I was ordering, not that I needed it. I said it was the "S" line I really needed, so take the other part off, and ship the rest.

So, they were good enough to catch that problem, but not good enough to get the order actually put together and shipped.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
79vetter
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the most part I really like Willcox but they really need to improve their shipping as you suggested. Most businesses in online retail provide a tracking number when you place an order. Its convenient for both parties - it will save Willcox several phone calls per day too.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

In all fairness, what did Willcox say? Did you contact them?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:06 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Very true. Every Willcox order I've placed has always taken at least 2 weeks to arrive.

I usually order from ZIP instead. Their website shows which items are in stock. If I order before lunch on Monday I will have the items by Friday using ground shipping.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
I find ZIP to be very quick and also very up-front about what's in stock and what isn't.
Remember some vendors have limited inventory but show many parts in their catalog that will be shipped to them or to you after you order that particular part.
Regards,
Alan
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

For me, having Willcox in the forum, their wonderful customer support, and their very good prices, will just compensate any delay in shipping. but afterall its your right to have your parts shipped to you on time, I would contact Willcox and see what he can do, I'm sure he will take care of all that.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
BBCorv70
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

I've had good luck with shipping from Corvette Central. Orders acknowledged within a day. Parts usually ship within a day or two. I get email notification when the parts ship with a shipping number. My last two orders arrived a day ahead schedule.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
TERRY CLARK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had good luck with Wilcox !
Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered a new interior for my 78. It looked like the parts may have come from different locations. It came sooner than I had expected over a two or three day span.
I normally don't drop a supplier who has been good based on two week late shipments. S happens sometimes.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
oldboat
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

i have only very good things to say about wilcox parts and shipping. place an order and five days later it is at the front door. excellent supplier!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've never had a problem with Wilcox. Parts always arrive on time and their support on the forum and on the phone are great. I'll use them whenever I can.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I am sure Wilcox will chime in soon with their side to this,

I do not care how helpful a vender is on a forum it is no excuse for dropping the ball in other areas, not saying Wilcox did that.

What I have no patience for is any outfit who says something will be shipped on a certain date or I will receive it on a certain date and that isn't the case...if you can't keep your promise do NOT make it.

I know the new trend is for parts houses to not have stock in house, well, then, do not promise it if you can't deliver, makes you look really "Cheese Richard"

Shipping fees and lack of concern and service is one big reason I do not buy as much junk mail order as I would like to...

Okay,
Lets see what Wilcox has to say in this specific case....
Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I would have taken this straight to Willcox with a PM. He's on here frequently enough he'll get a PM.

This time of year, everyone has shipping problems. From just before Thanksgiving to Christmas. shipping anything anywhere gets a bit ugly.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
VCuomo
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimAT
...This time of year, everyone has shipping problems. From just before Thanksgiving to Christmas. shipping anything anywhere gets a bit ugly.
Except the problem doesn't appear to be with the freight/shipping company, it appears to be how long it took Willcox to package it and get it shipped out their back door.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just use a vendors tollfree number, have my list with their part number and descriptions, ask if each item is in stock and then ask exactly when it will be shipped and confirm prices. If it is not in stock or cannot be shipped the next day, I don't order from them. Never been disappointed. It works well even with Wilcox. Well worth the time on the phone.
On rare occasion, like when Guldstrand had to have the specific springs I wanted made first, all still was shipped when he promised.

Get notified of new replies

To Willcox shipping stinks

Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 PM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you had some bad luck with them involving a back order or some slow down. They have been pretty good for me when i have used them. I have gotten my stuff quick and got good info over the phone with them. When I have been the problem and ordered the wrong item they have been good about offering to replace the item too.

They are actually one of my first choices because of my experience. Hopefully they will chime in and make you happy with their reason for the problem.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 655 Likes on 351 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by rugerm44
I have ordered from Corvette America a dozen times and they ALWAYS told me what was in stock right up front. I ALWAYS RECEIVE MY PARTS IN 2 DAYS. Corvette Central usually ships 2 or 3 days late.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 PM
sokoloka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're more specific to driveline parts as opposed to general restoration parts, but I've never dealt with a vendor as on top of their business as Van Steel.

Quick Reply: Willcox shipping stinks