Sponsored by:

MAD Electrical - Quo Vadis?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 549 Likes on 376 Posts

Default MAD Electrical - Quo Vadis?

Anyone know what happened to M.A.D Electrical? He (Mark) had a lot of good electrical technical papers on his website and also sold parts.

I'd like to buy one of his parts. Does anyone know of an alternate source. It was an electrical terminal used to tie multiple wires together. For instance, take the palm of you hand and spread you fingers up, like trying to make a bowl. He sold a part that looked like that. (Actually the part was only about 2 inches tall.) In the center of you palm, there'd be a stud. You terminated several wires on the stud. The "fingers" were used to keep the wires apart. I think it was used on some GM cars in the early 1990's.

Last I heard, Mark was having health problems. Maybe since he doesn't seem to be available, something bad happened. Some of his technical articles on GM wiring systems were excellent.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:48 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just tried his website it's down
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette
Anyone know what happened to M.A.D Electrical? He (Mark) had a lot of good electrical technical papers on his website and also sold parts.

I'd like to buy one of his parts. Does anyone know of an alternate source. It was an electrical terminal used to tie multiple wires together. For instance, take the palm of you hand and spread you fingers up, like trying to make a bowl. He sold a part that looked like that. (Actually the part was only about 2 inches tall.) In the center of you palm, there'd be a stud. You terminated several wires on the stud. The "fingers" were used to keep the wires apart. I think it was used on some GM cars in the early 1990's.

Last I heard, Mark was having health problems. Maybe since he doesn't seem to be available, something bad happened. Some of his technical articles on GM wiring systems were excellent.
I know for sure that terminal block was used in the first gen. S10/ Blazer 82-93. But the second gen 94-97 had a better one mounted on the driverside fender
Old 12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
noonie
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Any marine supply store like BoatUS etc.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
johnt365
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.madelectrical.com/catalog/cn-1.shtml

Mark is a good guy. I would rather buy from him too.

Get notified of new replies

To MAD Electrical - Quo Vadis?

Quick Reply: MAD Electrical - Quo Vadis?