Sponsored by:

New air compressor

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:49 PM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New air compressor

I've been wanting an air compressor for awhile and finally found this one. It's a Husky cast iron 80 gal 7.5 HP. I got it, the reel and hose, regulator and filter for $450 so I am very happy. Hopefully this runs everything that I need and I can do some painting with it down the road.

Anyone have any experience with this compressor? How much oil does it hold? I looked up the manual online but it is a generic manual for several compressors and really tells me nothing. Hopefully I get it hooked up tomorrow.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Old 11-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look's like you've done quite well, but fact is it's really an off brand product, so probably not much product support down the road. For light use, wouldn't worry much about it though. First thing would be getting solid 230v line power to it. If painting, water can be a problem and high air humidity area's will be condensing lot's in the tank. Keep an eye by draining often, and probably good for at least a basic dessicant drier.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's alot of compreesor for $450. I recently boought an Ingersol Rand 3.5hp, 60 gal for about $600. I wish I could have found a deal like the one you got.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:49 PM
milo30
Drifting

It took me over a month of searching to find it. I had just given up on something this size and was about to go pick up one like yours and at the last minute found the ad. I'm going from a small portable one that didn't run much to this so I am excited to get it up and running. Just wish there was more info available.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
hwcoop
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

When I bought my 60 gal, 5hp upright I located it in my basement utility room to keep it out of the garage dust/paint fumes. I then ran 3/4" air lines out to the garage with water filter, trap and regulator.

Nice having an a air supply available around the house.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Mark G
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 339 Posts

That compressor will do most everything you want of it. If you bought it used, change the oil and use good quality compressor oil. You can get parts for these if you go to a compressor shop ...someday down the road if you need service, which you probably won't. The compressor is probably a Brazillian made Schultz unit, which are good.

I've always used 80gal 5hp compressors most of my life, and you really notice it when you step down to something smaller. Especially when you sand blast ...or try running two DA's with a buddy/brother at the same time. This one will do the trick. You did good. Best of luck!

Mark G
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
milo30
Drifting

Finally got it wired up and gave it a test run after I changed the oil. Much quieter than my last one and ran the sand blaster just fine. Now I just need to plumb the airline in the garage. I did find out that it was a Cambell and Hausfeld compressor that Home Depot throws the Husky name on. They had a little more info on their site for it and I can order parts thru them.

All in all, it will do anything I will ever need.

Get notified of new replies

To New air compressor

Quick Reply: New air compressor