C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEDEX is absolute WORST for Your Corvette Parts Delivery !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
PhilaScott
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts

Default FEDEX is absolute WORST for Your Corvette Parts Delivery !!

That's it. Done. Finit. No more fedex. I have had it.

Very simple. Deliver box from Mid-America to my house. No other street with the same name in my town. Fedex on-line shows "delivered". Complete BS. I will say it here... if you are a supplier, STOP sending things no signature required. It's bad enough they don't even ring the doorbell anymore.. but now, to not even show up AND have no signature and there's no way to get in touch with them on a Sat. eve. I've had it. Done.
No more Fedex by any Supplier to my residence. Complete morons.

Now I feel better.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Jeff_Keryk
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I got home from work yesterday about 7:00PM. There were 2 large boxes on my porch. FedX left me a 12 foot trampolene....
Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
HobbyPoor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_Keryk
I got home from work yesterday about 7:00PM. There were 2 large boxes on my porch. FedX left me a 12 foot trampolene....
hurry and put it together before they come back for it....then watch look on their face when they return for it.....
Old 09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
PhilaScott
Burning Brakes

I would put it together.. and then MAKE THEM take it apart if they want it !! now THAT would be great.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

i heard if you get something that is not yours you keep it. dont know how true it is. i personally dont like it when a sig. is required. that means i have to drive 8 miles to go get it if im not home.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 260 Likes on 211 Posts

You need to tell FedEx home office as they are only as good as their drivers. (the one you had should be canned). I few years back a FedEx guy made a delivery to my house and put the package in the garage, which was open. I walked around from the back of the house about the time he was coming out of the garage WITH 2 ROOLS OF MY PAPER TOWELS! He says to me "can I borrow a couple rolls of paper towels?" I was so stunned all I could say was "yeah go ahead". I should have called the guy on the carpet, but I wasn't quick enough. I now keep the garage locked at all times and they put packages on the porch and ring the doorbell. Never had a problem with UPS.

Gary
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 PM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a big fan of Fed Ex either. I prefer UPS since the packages always get to my home at around 12p.m. and with FedEx I have to wait all day. That's one of the reasons I don't order from some Vendors.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
johnt365
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Poor Fed Ex... If only they could be like me. I have never made a mistake at work, EVER! No matter what happens in my personal life I always execute flawlessly. It doesn't matter if I was under paid, over worked or poorly managed I always perform perfectly.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM
TeaEye
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Touche! Johnt365.

That's what you gotta love about the Forum -- you get both sides of the story and will almost always learn something.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts

personally, i hate the frigen "signature required" BS..........who the heck is home between 8 am and 5 pm to sign their frigen thing........then you have to travel to who knows where to pick it up!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Spook
Racer

I work from home for a large global company and besides my own personal deliveries I do a lot of business with FedEx shipping larger equipment and whatnot. It was rough the first few times but I ended up bitching up the chain about all the inadequacies and eventually talking directly with regional management. I even spent a spell a few times in the truck with a driver making sure a bunch of stuff was sorted out properly.

Yes, one of the first things I had trouble with was them finding my house... on a dead end street, inside the cul-de-sac, with only about 8 houses total on the entire road. They also claimed to have come down on pickups when they clearly hadn't went down my street.

The driver/s seemed pretty pissed at first but I also have been sure to follow it up when positive credit was due. Overall we've reached an understanding and I almost always know to the minute when things are coming/going from FedEx or even UPS for that matter.

I can't imagine trying to get some things without using FedEx. Suppliers might also see it as a good reason to rake you over the coals on shipping charges.

I would continue business as usual but give them a call and complain (1-800-GOFEDEX) each time you have a valid complaint. Review your information with FedEx to make sure they don't have some crazy crap like bad zip code, the town 50 miles away with a similar name, or the township instead of the city or boro...

If things get lost, damaged, or otherwise FUBAR... file a claim against it and be sure to let the specific supplier know that your business with them is being put in jeopardy.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
my 76 ray
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't remember what it was that I had delivered by Fed Ex (it wasn't a Corvette part), but it was a small package and Fed Ex delivered it to the local post office and they delivered it the next day. That's the way it was intended to be shipped by the vendor and the Fed Ex system showed it as delivered on the day they dropped it off at the post office. Maybe the OP will get it tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
thnk2mch
Advanced

I have had zero issues with FedEx. Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised with some Saturday deliveries. Although I've never signed for my parts, I've often thought, good thing my neighbors are honest.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't FedEx drivers independent sub-contractors?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
markids77
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ship parts daily as part of my job. If I need a letter envelope to go anywhere in the world, I call FedEx. If I need a box lighter than 100 or so pounds to get to the addressee, UPS wins hands down. I must say that in truly rural areas, for Saturday delivery, FedEx is a much safer bet as UPS can't seem to locate a RR number or box on a state road unless it's between Monday and Friday... no better than 50/50 odds of weekend delivery, but much better than Brown. International is a crap shoot... USPS probably does it best still, and is vastly less of a PITA for paperwork. All have strengths to play with, I hope suppliers (like me) choose the carrier most likely to succeed.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 PM
10caipirinhas
Pro

I owned a business that spent about $3-5K a month for 5 years straight with Fedex.

One mistake during that time and they reimbursed me for it.

Get back to me when you have that kind of track record to post about.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Fed Ex delivered a complete C2 interior kit to a guy in my Vette club, he lives in a neighborhood of MULTI-million dollar homes, guess the driver didn't like the looks of his surroundings, he placed the boxes over the backyard fence. The guy's Boxer dogs had a great time ripping apart all the boxes and contents while he was at work all day long. The guy came home to shredded Corvette America landscaping in his sideyard

Insurance made good on all the parts
Old 09-12-2010, 12:44 AM
KTKelly
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of my suppliers ceased using UPS, and went with Fedex, due to a very heavy amount of claims.

I couldn't be happier...

Nearly 10K worth of electronics left on my driveway, by the garage door, by the UPS idiot. Weather report called for rain. It did....

The easy answer is to have your items shipped to your work address.

Vendors will appreciate that as well, since residential delivery comes with an additional fee..

Get notified of new replies

To FEDEX is absolute WORST for Your Corvette Parts Delivery !!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 AM
69elky
Racer

I have a FEDEX shipping account and use it quite often and have had no problems yet.I have also received parts from UPS and had no problems.Only once with UPS that I can think of,a stainless steel exhaust system I ordered @ Carlisle a while back 1989 while restoring a 64 Corvette,the part was delivered up the steet to another house,I had called the dealer inquired about my exhaust system,he said he shipped it and I should have it.Contacted UPS,tracked it they said that they delivered it??The search begins,my wife and I were walking as we normally do the next day in our area and as we passed a neigbors house,out front and standing against it was my exhaust system.He had been trying to get UPS to come and pick it up. So I guess they all have problems.Main thing get your tracking number or door tag number so you can trace it.As for Fedex some areas have private contracters and they also have their own employees that deliver.

Last edited by 69elky; 09-12-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM
PhilaScott
Burning Brakes

ok.. I understand the comments about noone being perfect.. being underpaid etc. Very valid.. however, the guy who runs this route has been here before so, unless he just woke up and lost his GPS sense of direction then it was mismarked delivered so he could end the day early.

I do use Fedex regularly for business and have never had an issue. However, Fedex for business packages and Fedex for residential delivery are two different animals.

The shipper will wind up replacing the order and with regards to Fedex... they can go find the other package.. or not.. and if they do, they can stick it up their a-s. Go forward plan is that I will require 'signature upon delivery' which will force the driver to make the extra attempt to get the delivery right.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
TeaEye
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

To keep this thread going..........

Perhaps its not a "real FedX issue". Let's pretend driver did it intentionally. Do you have a big biting/barking/chasing dog?

My dog goes crazy when USPS, UPS or Fedx comes to the house. The drivers are trying to get on his good side by leaving treats with the packages.

Maybe, you should leave your FedX driver a treat. "Easier to catch a fly with honey than a stick."

Quick Reply: FEDEX is absolute WORST for Your Corvette Parts Delivery !!