C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posting from another site. To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisl

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
zandome
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting from another site. To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisl

To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisle- THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU!

Dear Thief-

First, I’d like to thank you for the sleepless night last evening. I could not sleep because I was furious after hearing that for a second year in a row you have stolen vintage Corvette gas caps from wonderful friends and supporters of Corvettes at Carlisle. Ironically enough my team and I should be glowing because we had record numbers throughout our weekend and the weather was downright incredible. However, my mind is in another direction and I’d like to share it with you and the Corvette community as a whole.

Many of you might know that when I have a vision or a dream I go after it. I give my all to succeed. My new mission is to have you caught and put behind bars. I intend to succeed at this too. I’m a firm believer that good things come to good people. And on the other hand - bad things come to bad people. You are a downright bad person. Things might seem wonderful for you now, especially after such a successful weekend of stealing other people’s hard earned property. I’m guessing you’ll most likely try to sell these gas caps – and you’ll probably get some money. What I just don’t understand, and will never understand, is how you can sleep at night knowing how many people you’ve upset this past weekend (9 gas caps were reported stolen this weekend).

To those of you that had your gas caps stolen, please accept my sincere apologies. Please note that in the special display areas such as the 50th Anniversary, we had a security guard on duty all through the evening. However a couple of the owners let me know they felt the thief took the gas caps in the morning, right under our noses. To say I’m upset about this is an understatement.

With all of this said…I’m asking for the entire Corvette community to come together. Let’s join forces and find the person or circle of people that are stealing innocent enthusiasts and businesses owner’s products. If you see somebody that’s taking off a gas cap question find a security guard and tell them. What I enjoy most about the Corvette hobby is the true camaraderie and passion behind it. Again, I’m asking the entire Corvette community to come together as a whole and let’s find the few bad seeds and weed them out. I give you my word I’ll do my best.

If you have any ideas of how we can catch this person, I urge you to email me: lancem@carlisleevents.com.

Thief – if you have a change of heart after reading this letter and you want to return the gas caps – you can ship all of them to me and I will make sure they get back to their rightful owners. You can send the caps to me at the following address: Carlisle Events (attention: Lance Miller), 1000 Bryn Mawr Road; Carlisle PA 17013.

Thank you for your time.

Very aggravated,

Lance Miller

PS Please cut & paste this message everywhere you feel would help spread the word - we need to come together on this one! I appreciate your help & plan on personally contacting editors at various automotive magazines to hel
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
0Road-Race Vette
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Lance!!!! Nothing worse than a thief .
I think I can speak for the thousands who attend Corvettes at Carlisle year after year,When I say it is the greatest vette show.
To think that someone purposely comes there to steal is well.... disturbing to say the least.

I hope the person responsible for this is caught and punished appropriately. I suppose we all just need to keep our eyes and ears open while there from now on. That way, we become the security force in some small way.....

Keep up the good work, and see you next year. This year was an absolute blast!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Stan

http://www.2ndgenrestorations.com
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disagree...regarding calling security (if you can catch him, or her in the act), IMHO, a beating is in order! Muddy
Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 461 Likes on 273 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Why dont we all chip in & pledge $10.00 ea & offer a reward to capture the "TURD" ........... this might just flush out '"Mr. Mullet" from the crowd...........
Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Road-Race Vette
Well said Lance!!!! Nothing worse than a thief .
I think I can speak for the thousands who attend Corvettes at Carlisle year after year,When I say it is the greatest vette show.
To think that someone purposely comes there to steal is well.... disturbing to say the least.

I hope the person responsible for this is caught and punished appropriately. I suppose we all just need to keep our eyes and ears open while there from now on. That way, we become the security force in some small way.....

Keep up the good work, and see you next year. This year was an absolute blast!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Stan

http://www.2ndgenrestorations.com
i think this was cut and pasted from another source.......posted here by a new member.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
OURSHARK
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said Lance. I didn't know about this theft. Now that I and everyone else on the forum knows about it, we will be watching out for the thief next year. It seems that what ever the event, there is always a bad seed that ruins a good time for some people. I would enjoy getting my hands on this creep. I hope he or she is not a member of this forum, I believe there are good people here.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
bluthundr
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

I would say next year, go get a $5 gas cap from Autozone and leave the good one at home.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
i think this was cut and pasted from another source.......posted here by a new member.
Lance posted this himself on the "National Events" board here.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
GD70
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluthundr
I would say next year, go get a $5 gas cap from Autozone and leave the good one at home.
Good idea. Just stinks we need to think & live this way.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PKguitar
Lance posted this himself on the "National Events" board here.
so Lance is Zandome?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
skaping
Instructor

There's got to be a lot of pictures and video from the event. If anyone took any pictures etc. they can look carefully in the background. Any suspects can be sent to Lance.

Last edited by skaping; 09-02-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 461 Likes on 273 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by OURSHARK
Well said Lance. I didn't know about this theft. Now that I and everyone else on the forum knows about it, we will be watching out for the thief next year. It seems that what ever the event, there is always a bad seed that ruins a good time for some people. I would enjoy getting my hands on this creep. I hope he or she is not a member of this forum, I believe there are good people here.
CURIOUS:

Why was'nt anyone watching "THIS YEAR" thats what they said they were going to do..........LAST YEAR !!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

were these taken from the swap meet area or off cars?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

so Lance is Zandome?
No, Lance is "Racelance" here on the Corvette Forum. I don't know where "Zandome" got this, but it's not like he stole it from some source and/or that Lance didn't want us to read what he wrote. In other words, I see no harm and no foul here.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PKguitar
No, Lance is "Racelance" here on the Corvette Forum. I don't know where "Zandome" got this, but it's not like he stole it from some source and/or that Lance didn't want us to read what he wrote. In other words, I see no harm and no foul here.
no.....i wasn't implying there was.....my point was that people were responding to this particular post, with opening remarks like "well said Lance"...."keep up the good work"...."see you next year".........i was just trying to point out it seemed to me Lance Miller did not post this "here" in the "general section" and may not even know it is here.....that's all.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
0Road-Race Vette
Former Vendor

Yes, I see that, but I figured I would answer back to the source, as he is on here once in a while.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

cant say ive paid much attention to the going rate on old gas caps. are these things really worth ripping off and selling, or is it more just for ****s and giggles?

Get notified of new replies

To Posting from another site. To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisl

Old 09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First,i hate a thief,they should have their hands or their richards cut off.These people have no conscience and they could give a rats *** about how you feel.When caught,all they will say is IM SORRY ,IM SORRY,dont call the police,real low life turds.I have no mercy for these types of people.If i hear anything i sure will let so body know,thanks for posting this. Bill

Last edited by Billysvette; 09-02-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
bkvette3
Safety Car

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts

In my books - NOTHING WORSE THAN A THIEF.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Find some kind of dye to put on the caps next year , then look for the guy with discolored fingers. Cut his nutz off (so he can't reproduce).

Quick Reply: Posting from another site. To the thief stealing gas caps during Corvettes at Carlisl