Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $120

C3 Pre-Cut Full "Mad-Mat" Insulation Kit

The 1st & Original Kit!!!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR C3 KIT TODAY!!!

$120 plus $15 shipping in the continental USA

The MadVette C3 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.

We have made the 1st and the Original Insulation Kit for the C3, and our kit is complete with pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be reduced in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to completely insulate your interior of your C3 Corvette. We have sold thousands of these kits for C4, C5 and C6 Vettes, and now we are proud to introduce the long awaited C3 kit!!!

Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3 lbs. (for those who are weight conscious), it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and has a manufacturer's rating of 10db of sound and road noise reduction!!!

Mad-Mat is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & all pieces are clearly labeled for your convenience.

It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!!

Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, off of our own templates, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C3!!!

Each kit comes with the following pieces:

• Driver & Passenger front floorboard pieces, with holes cut for seat bolts and pedals.
  • Driver and Passenger kick panel pieces.
  • Driver & Passenger side tunnel pieces, cut around your console mounting screw holes.
  • Driver & Passenger side Door Panel pieces.
  • Cargo area floor pieces.
  • Full Side rear wheel well pieces.
  • Full back wall and corner pieces.
  • Pre-cut piece for wall behind seats.
  • Extra pieces for odds and ends coverage that you may need.

Say goodbye to over-heated center consoles, and noisy front cabins!!

Our C3 kit is the perfect addition to your C3, and is recommended for every Corvette owner as the #1 modification for their Corvette!!!

Your Corvette will be cooler in the summer, alot less noisy, and you will be able to enjoy your Corvette so much more.

Alot of research and development has gone into this kit, and we are proud to say that our kit is made to our demanding specs, in house, and cut off of our own templates.

Here are some photos of the kit installed:

Some have emailed and asked, so here is a picture of the material, as well as some specs on the material itself:

It has 5 layers, and though it is rated at a 19db drop in noise, I have tested it in the Vettes at 8-11 db. reduction. Here are some manufacturer specs on it:

Characteristics | Value | Regulation
Cell Structure: Closed
Nominal Thickness: 5 mm (+ or - 0.5mm)
Steam Permeability: 0.033 gr/m2hkPa ASTM E-96
Noise Insulation: 19dBA IRAM 4063 at 50hz.
Flame Spread Index/Class: 25 or less/ "A" - Class 1 0 ASTM E-84
Smoke Index/Class: 450 or less/ "A" - Class 1 15 ASTM E-84

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
closed-cell Polyethylene foam
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR KIT TODAY!!!

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 08-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

All orders have been shipped, and all orders placed will begin shipping tomorrow, Friday, Aug. 20th.

We have alot of material on the way in, and plan to keep these kits cut and in stock to meet the demand of the popularity of the C3 Kits.
We have had sale threads previously, and the C3 Mad-Mat kit is a popular item for C3 owners, and we are now making this thread the official C3 Mad-Mat thread for new customers, as well as existing customers, to post their pictures, reviews, questions and comments here.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt for Friday.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 PM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Cool!!! Great to have 2 Vettes!!!

So, the total would be $185, and my paypal address is corvetteregistry@netscape.net. I am at the shop right now working, so I can generate you the invoice once I receive payment.
Thanks again!!
Also, of note, I have instructions on my site on working on the C4, C5, and C6 kits, that may help in understanding how my pieces work in the kit so you can get the pieces cut you need to be the most effective on the '54. If you have any questions when doing the install, feel free to let me know.
The instructions are at www.madvettemotorsports.com/pdf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtried
The '54 is my wife's, the '79 in the avatar is mine. pictures of the '54 can be seen here http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...ed/54%20vette/

anyways, i guess to be on the safe side, ill take the 100ft.

Thanks again,
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Hello Josh,

Is it a 1954 or a C3 model? Just curious from your avatar...
Also, I noticed your location says Hawaii. The turnaround time (delivered to you in Hawaii) would be 2 weeks. 1 week to get the orders out ahead of you, and 1 week shipping time.
I would be happy to get you what you needed, and the pricing on 100 sq. ft. would be $150. 50 sq. ft. would be $75. The shipping costs would be about $35 for the 100 sq. ft., and the 50 sq. ft. material would be about $20 to ship to Hawaii.

If you'd like to order the material today, you can paypal me the money directly to corvetteregistry@netscape.net (my paypal address), where you can use a credit card or your paypal account to pay for the material. Be sure to let me know the correct shipping address, if different from your paypal address on file, and I will also email you a copy of the receipt and the tracking info as well.
Thanks again!!
Quote:
Hi,
from what i have read on the C3 forum, it would appear that your insulation is what i am looking for. the problem is, i have a '54 mutt of a car that i am definitely going to need to place/cut all the pieces myself. how much for say 100sq ft? im not even sure i need that much, but better safe than sorry right? and while im asking questions can we quote 50 sq ft too? and what kind of turn around time are we talking if i were to place an order today (whenever you read this)?
Thanks
Josh

Hello joshua williams,

Your payment for $185.00 USD to corvetteregistry@netscape.net has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details

Amount: $185.00 USD
Transaction Date: Aug 1, 2010
Transaction ID: 88N50752HF304081S

Subject: You've got money!

if there is any change in the time frame, please let me know.

Im just curious if this has been shipped, or if you have an invoice for me.. ive tried calling, left a message and got no call back. i left PM's and got no response. any help is appreciated. i know yall get busy, but i did send my payment aug 1 and today is aug 20...

Last edited by joshtried; 08-20-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Im just curious if this has been shipped, or if you have an invoice for me.. ive tried calling, left a message and got no call back. i left PM's and got no response. any help is appreciated. i know yall get busy, but i did send my payment aug 1 and today is aug 20...

Hi Josh,

Sorry we've missed you PM. Yes, have been very busy, but we try to respond to all inquiries.

Your insulation material is scheduled to ship on Monday.

Tim
Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Tim,
Thanks for the response. like i said, i understand we all get busy. im looking forward to getting and installing this.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Tim,
Thanks for the response. like i said, i understand we all get busy. im looking forward to getting and installing this.
Hello Josh,

I was in L.A. this weekend working on a Vette, so I wasn't able to get back in touch with you. Yes, what Tim said is correct. Your order is going out today. I will forward you the tracking info this afternoon when Fedex emails it to me.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

The MadVette C3 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.

We have made the 1st and the Original Insulation Kit for the C3, and our kit is complete with pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be reduced in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to completely insulate your interior of your C3 Corvette. We have sold thousands of these kits for C4, C5 and C6 Vettes, and now we are proud to introduce the long awaited C3 kit!!!

Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3 lbs. (for those who are weight conscious), it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and has a manufacturer's rating of 10db of sound and road noise reduction!!!

Mad-Mat is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & all pieces are clearly labeled for your convenience.

It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!!

Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, off of our own templates, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C3!!!

• Driver & Passenger front floorboard pieces, with holes cut for seat bolts and pedals.
  • Driver & Passenger side tunnel pieces, cut around your console mounting screw holes.

Our C3 kit is the perfect addition to your C3, and is recommended for every Corvette owner as the #1 modification for their Corvette!!!

Your Corvette will be cooler in the summer, alot less noisy, and you will be able to enjoy your Corvette so much more.

Alot of research and development has gone into this kit, and we are proud to say that our kit is made to our demanding specs, in house, and cut off of our own templates.

Some have emailed and asked, so here is a picture of the material, as well as some specs on the material itself:

It has 5 layers, and though it is rated at a 19db drop in noise, I have tested it in the Vettes at 8-11 db. reduction. Here are some manufacturer specs on it:

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Old 08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
mar
Burning Brakes

Wow! Is this kit better than the insulation kit that Ecklers sells??? If so - I want one NOW!!!

Just ordered mine...

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Hello Josh,

I was in L.A. this weekend working on a Vette, so I wasn't able to get back in touch with you. Yes, what Tim said is correct. Your order is going out today. I will forward you the tracking info this afternoon when Fedex emails it to me.

Last edited by mar; 08-23-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 PM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still waiting to install mine. car in paint.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM
cajos
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you glue this in?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cajos
Do you glue this in?
you can, if you'd like... however, I don't recommend to do so on the doors or other areas you may need to get into if you need to service wiring or parts.

When you glue it in, I recommend 3M spray adhesive, and be sure to tape all the seams to help with the insulating process of blocking out noise and heat.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Insulation "Mad-Mat" Kit... $120

Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Good morning bump....
Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

INSULATION LAYERS
Aluminum Foil
polyethylene backing
polyethylene backing
Aluminum Foil

Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor