Sponsored by:

Need Help!! Under dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Kingsley50AE
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!! Under dash

Breif story. My uncle has a 68' that has been his pride an joy for years. Its a Cherry on the inside and out! He used to auto cross it back in the 70's, always trailering it and keeping it safely tucked away in the garage. The car hasnt run in years as my uncle hasnt had time or the heat takes its toll on him. Everytime I'd come to my uncles house over the past 5 years er so, we'd work on it together. My Uncle just had a heart attack and I came up to help aid his recovery.

Well, heres the problem. Prior to his heart attack, My uncle had Identified a vaccum leak against the firewall on the inside of the car. There is a kid in my uncles neighborhood who has a father-son ol' 69' Camaro project car. Being that this kid is a "know-it-all" and talked a big game. My uncle had the kid come over and start pullin stuff from under the dash in search of this vaccum leak. The air damper box control valve (dual-diaphram) was replaced and then the kid dissappeared.... leaving the under dash components strone about. I could probably piece it together as all that I have to my aid are the Factory service manuals. Even then.... ouch!..

BUT!!! I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL THE UNDER DASH PICS THAT U MAY HAVE TO HELP AID THE PROCESS! Please please please! its all center console and passenger side. Driver side hasnt been touched.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:11 PM
KSM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG....that boy needs a serious a_s kickin

Anyway you really need to get a shop manual...... hear are a few photos from my 71 hope than can help a little in the major stuff like routing ect.

I had mine labled and wrote down in a book and took the photos just as a back up. Click on the thumbs to make larger.

Last edited by KSM; 07-22-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help!! Under dash