NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:43 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100

C3 Pre-Cut Full Insulation Kit

[edited July 1, 2010: C3 Kits are 20% off with coupon... go to the post on page 9 (post #161) of this thread.]

The 1st & Original Kit!!!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR C3 KIT TODAY!!!

The MadVette C3 Pre-cut Insulation kit comes with everything you need to insulate and provide sound deadening in your Corvette, including Pre-cut pieces for your doors.

We have made the 1st and the Original Insulation Kit for the C3, and our kit is complete with pre-cut pieces for your doors, which allow road noise to be present in your front cabin. Our kit gives you everything you need to COMPLETELY insulate your C3 Corvette. We have sold hundreds of these kits for C4, C5 and C6 Vettes, and now we are proud to introduce the long awaited C3 kit!!!

Our kit is a non-fiberglass, non-asphalt based product which weighs in at 3 lbs., for those who are weight conscious, it rejects 97% of the radiant heat, and has a manufacturer's rating of 10db of sound and road noise reduction!!!

It is only 3/16" thick, so as not to interfere with proper mounting of your panels and seats, and all holes are pre-cut & clearly labeled for your convenience.

It is our #1 goal to provide you ease of install, while making a HUGE improvement in your overall enjoyment of your Corvette!!!

Each kit is hand cut to our specifications, and guaranteed to make a dramatic difference in your C3!!!

Each kit comes with the following pieces:

• Driver & Passenger front floorboard pieces, with holes cut for seat bolts and pedals.
  • Driver & Passenger side tunnel pieces, cut around your screw holes.
  • Driver & Passenger side Door Panel pieces.
  • Cargo area floor pieces.
  • Full Side rear wheel well pieces.
  • Full back wall and corner pieces.
  • Pre-cut piece for wall behind seats.
  • Extra pieces for odds and ends coverage that you may need.

Say goodbye to over-heated center consoles, and noisy front cabins!! Our C3 kit is the perfect addition to your C3, and is recommended for every Corvette owner as the #1 modification for their Corvette!!!

Your Corvette will be cooler in the summer, alot less noisy, and you will be able to enjoy your Corvette so much more.

Alot of research and development has gone into this kit, and we are proud to say that our kit is made to our demanding specs, in house, and cut off of our own templates.

Here are some photos of the kit installed:

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR KIT TODAY!!!

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 07-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:59 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

ttt for saturday morning
Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look real nice, and at a good price. If I don't place my order later on today, I'll probably place it Monday afternoon, so that you guys can ship one out to California.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:07 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Don't you want the [reflective] foil side toward the heat source? Or is there foil on both sides?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:09 AM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you need anykind of adhesive or tape?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM
riarms
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

thats nice wish mine came like that
Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
71coupe454
Burning Brakes

I just saw another thread where a guy did a great job making templets and cutting out all the pieces to fit perfectly. It looked great but dang it sure looked like at least $100 worth of PIA! If this mat is good, effective material, this sure looks like a good way to go!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
en2burrell
Advanced

Interesting, however not enough information is provided. How does it compare to other insulation options on the market? How long does it take for heat to penetrate it? How is it secured to the vehicle? Is it mildew resistant? What material(s) is it made from? Are there any installation instructions? Can the factory jute be installed over this product without any fit issues? Etc.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
ctgene
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by en2burrell
Interesting, however not enough information is provided. How does it compare to other insulation options on the market? How long does it take for heat to penetrate it? How is it secured to the vehicle? Is it mildew resistant? What material(s) is it made from? Are there any installation instructions? Can the factory jute be installed over this product without any fit issues? Etc.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
crossed
Advanced

I am very interested in this product, it looks like a really good price...almost too good

I wondered the above questions as well.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:56 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Hi guys,

Thanks for the questions and feedback. I will post the answers to the questions, and if you have any other questions, post them up here, email me at sales@madvettemotorsports.com, or call me at the shop at 615-907-8125.

The material is reflective on both sides, and the closed cell foam in the middle is the crucial part in the noise reduction. The material is non-toxic, it is mildew and mold resistant, it withstands temps to 325 degrees, it is cut to shape, and for every bolt and screw, they are cut out as well.

It is great for blocking heat, due to it's reflective nature, and while it doesn't block out all the noise in the cabin from the outside, most C4, C5 and C6 owners have noticed a drop in noise of about 7 to 10db.

I recommend to either tape or glue it down, depending on the condition of your floorboard and panels. Tape is an additional option, which you can add to the order, or you can buy the aluminum HVAC tape from Home Depot or Lowes, as well as spray down adhesive.

I am in the process of finishing the instructions for the C3, as I have one here now that I am taking pics from as I have been installing the kit. To give you an idea on my level to which I write the detailed instructions, feel free to see the C4, C5 and C6 instructions located at www.madvettemotorsports.com/pdf.

I install the kit in about 4-5 hours time, and depending on your comfort level, I would allow a good day to do the complete teardown, and install. I charge $200 to do the install at my shop, and if you'd like to schedule an install, please call me as soon as you can. I have time open in the next few months, but I have been scheduling appts. for Nov. and Jan. already.

Best way to contact me is at the shop or through email, as I don't get to get on the forum alot during the day, so please be patient if you don't hear back from me on the CF immediately.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 259 Likes on 211 Posts

I just did a stupid thing with my 78'. I replaced the carpet and just used the Fat Mat stuff and didn't replace the old sound deadener. I have side pipes and it made a BIG difference in the sound level without the sound deadener. The Fat Mat stuff didn't do squat for sidepipe noise, so I'm in the market for this stuff.

Gary
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
71coupe454
Burning Brakes

I wonder what kind of difference 7-10 db less noise would be?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Running a vert WITH hardtop on and secure, OR a coupe with t-tops on and securely....windows up, obviously you can assume every 3 db in sound reduction is about 1/2 the road noise....

issue is that with windows down and ANY convertible, it's not to matter one damn bit....

Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 AM
71coupe454
Burning Brakes

ok well I guess the noise is reduced a lot then.. anybody know if there is any difference in this mat and the home depot water heater stuff?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
RedAirRdstr
Instructor

I canceled my order for a door insulation kit that was on backorder at another vendor, and ordered your kit today. The price is very reasonable considering the door kit I had ordered was $30.00 on its own. I just hope it will block out that floor board heat I will report back on my results, Thanks Jeremy
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

wondering about floor board heat myself.

Last edited by eagle275; 11-03-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: sp-my bad!

Get notified of new replies

To NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100

Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 259 Likes on 211 Posts

Does this kit fit 78-82 with the big rear window? The web site only listed one coupe.

Gary
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Man that kit would have been nice 2 years ago before I spent about $300 on Dynamat and added 50lbs of weight to my car....and I would have GLADLY paid you $200 to install it....I spent 3 days installing 2 layers of D-mat and sadly, heat still gets through it(although 20x better then stock)....

Glad someone is finally coming out with a product for this problem specifically for C3s.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Duke94
I just did a stupid thing with my 78'. I replaced the carpet and just used the Fat Mat stuff and didn't replace the old sound deadener. I have side pipes and it made a BIG difference in the sound level without the sound deadener. The Fat Mat stuff didn't do squat for sidepipe noise, so I'm in the market for this stuff.

Gary
Gary, different types of sound deadening do different levels of sound reduction for the resonance of panels, reduction of outside road noise, etc. Though my kit is not the "be-all, do-all" of sound deadening, my customers have noticed significant heat reduction in their interior, as well as absolute sound reduction through a decibel meter, as well as to their ears. The biggest noise reductions they have noticed has been the drone of some exhaust systems, the road noise from run-flat tires, as well as generally being able to talk "without shouting" when enjoying a road trip.
Of course, there are many materials on the market that will do thing better than the other, and some that specialize in reducing noise or reducing heat better... but no other kit on the market does both, and does both to a level that is pretty satisfying to all of our customers. That is the biggest advantage of our material and our kit- well, besides the fact that it is pre-cut for the C3 interior. Hope that helps answer some of your questions...

Originally Posted by 71coupe454
I wonder what kind of difference 7-10 db less noise would be?
It takes double the power and cone area of a speaker to make a 3db gain, and for every 3db drop, it is reduced by half. Of course, there are always factors to take into account when measuring sound level... the speed you are traveling, the road needs to be the same for both tests, whether the windows are down, how good are the seals, etc. etc.

Originally Posted by mrvette
Running a vert WITH hardtop on and secure, OR a coupe with t-tops on and securely....windows up, obviously you can assume every 3 db in sound reduction is about 1/2 the road noise....

issue is that with windows down and ANY convertible, it's not to matter one damn bit....

It does matter, but only very little when talking about sound reduction. At that point, the heat factor is the most noticeable asset.

Originally Posted by 71coupe454
ok well I guess the noise is reduced a lot then.. anybody know if there is any difference in this mat and the home depot water heater stuff?
The water heater stuff is a different material inside, while the outside looks the same. Our material is actually 5 layers... a top and bottom reflective layer (to reduce heat, and to make the cabin temp. more stable), a middle closed cell foam, as well as 2 fabric layers outside the foam to also help in sound reduction. What happens to the sound waves is this: when traveling through the panels of a car, they often get amplified, or resonated. When they run into any layer of sound deadening, the level of the noise is reduced. Our material works the same way, except that because of the different layers, it does travel through the reflective material and get reduced when hitting the small fabric layer, and the middle core of closed cell foam. Closed cell foam is the biggest factor in breaking up the resonance and sound waves.

Originally Posted by RedAirRdstr
I canceled my order for a door insulation kit that was on backorder at another vendor, and ordered your kit today. The price is very reasonable considering the door kit I had ordered was $30.00 on its own. I just hope it will block out that floor board heat I will report back on my results, Thanks Jeremy
Your results should be very pleasing.

Originally Posted by eagle275
wondering about floor board het myself.
That is one thing most all of my Corvette customers have noticed the most- the reduction in the heat level of the floors. The C6 Vettes are the worst about floorboard heat, and everyone has been satisfied with the results.

Originally Posted by Duke94
Does this kit fit 78-82 with the big rear window? The web site only listed one coupe.

Gary
The coupe covers all models, with the only difference being the upper piece is not used in the "big window" models.

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Man that kit would have been nice 2 years ago before I spent about $300 on Dynamat and added 50lbs of weight to my car....and I would have GLADLY paid you $200 to install it....I spent 3 days installing 2 layers of D-mat and sadly, heat still gets through it(although 20x better then stock)....

Glad someone is finally coming out with a product for this problem specifically for C3s.
Yes, that is the one problem most sound deadening kits have is their lack of heat reduction. They are not an insulating material, and so they do nothing to block the heat. With our kit, it's primary purpose is to reduce the heat, and it's secondary purpose is sound deadening.

Hope these help to clear up any questions. Of course, if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me, email me at sales@madvettemotorsports, or call us at the shop at 615-907-8125.

Quick Reply: NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100