C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I didnt know fat people could fit in a corvette!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 PM
carls78vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I didnt know fat people could fit in a corvette!!

Are you kidding me. Are people really this shallow these days? I am a large-husky man if you will and i had a grown lady an adult ask me today how fat people can fit in a corvette. My response to her was if i had my wife with me i would have to bring the dump truck!! Unbelievable.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by carls78vette
Are you kidding me. Are people really this shallow these days? I am a large-husky man if you will and i had a grown lady an adult ask me today how fat people can fit in a corvette. My response to her was if i had my wife with me i would have to bring the dump truck!! Unbelievable.

I am 6 foot 2 well over 200 pounds now and would relish some cow saying that to me,
Mostly I just get asked if I am one of the Munsters,

On a side note a 25 plus year buddy of mine marries a gal who just wanted to use him for a free ride, while my buddy is no small fellow he is dwarfed by this gal who is at least 6 foot tall AND not a pound less than 500...yes, what doctors would call morbidly obese,
She has thyroid issues which have made 50% of her hair fall out.
She cares very little about her health concerns...

Of course she made my buddy drop all his friends when they got married ( and I was in his wedding ) but when I placed my vettes for sale I sent him text messages offering him the cars at a "friend" price knowing his lifelong dream was to own a vette,

The reply was that my offer "offended" the heavy wife greatly, that I known damn well she can't fit in a vette and he would drive it without her.....

I assure you guys her not fitting in the car had nothing to do with me offering it to my buddy.

Last edited by The13Bats; 10-20-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Sounds like your buddy needs to grow a pair. Why did he marry her in the first place. She sounds like a real gem.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

i'm 5' 10'' at 270 with a spare tire that just misses the steering wheel my head just misses the t-tops with new foam ,and covers, and stupid people shuld be shot on site

Last edited by fugawi; 10-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Troy.Blackburn
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just a bit shy of 6' 3" and 265 lbs... If I sit just right my head misses the underside of the t-top (except going over some bumps) and my legs don't rub against the steering wheel (non tilt tele car) too much.

If I was shopping for a NEW car... I would probably never buy something that I was such a tight fit in.

You'll NEVER get me to part with the Vette though. Just love driving it! Although a tilt/tele steering column is in the cars future.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Sebago Shark
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Same way they fit in an airplane seat.
Carl, Did you tell her to eat s--- and bark at the moon?

Hey 13 Bats, Sounds more like your buddy is serving a sentence. poor guy. Maybe she's a good cook?----no wait there probably wouldn't be anything left for him.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
john roth
Racer

and stupid people shuld be shot on site

Problem being of course, stupid people are to stupid to know they are stupid. I know a dude who is "SO' stupid he thinks he is smart...oh yah !
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

About my friend....
no...she doesn't cook or clean the house, in fact when she made him dump his place to move in with her he had to take out a loan as her house was ready for foreclosure, but she refused to allow his name on the deed to the house.
So when he got moved in she made him start cleaning her multi-cat litter boxes.

Grow a pair,
I have known "John" at least 25 years he was one of the bouncers when I owned a night club,
He is only about 40 and this is his third marriage,
I miss the guy he was like a brother, but he tried to dump this latest gal once before they married then again after, I stay out of peoples affairs, when he came crying to me all I ever said was life is too short to get stuck in things that don't make you happy,
Grow a pair?
He did...this new gal wears them as ear rings...

Back to the forum topic,
I do believe at least in some cases people say asinine . bitter snide things out of sour grapes and jealousy,
If a person is happy in their life and comfortable with themselves they don't "feel" like being all negative to others.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

That always a tough situation. I have been thin, fat, muscular, & fat again. I am secure with myself and only laugh at those make comments now. Bats, Sorry to hear about your friend, Hopefully in the near future he will see the light.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 PM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

There must be a reason they sell these.

Seat Belt Extenders! Finally the wait is over for larger sized drivers that need an aftermarket universal automobile seat belt extension part to extend their factory auto seatbelt that just doesn't fit. It will work on most any seat of any car, truck or van. Our extension kit is Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) #209 & #302 Approved! Here at Wesco, your safety is our top priority! And that includes our seat belt extender.

Our new universal belt extension kit is a permanent solution for automobile factory safety harnesses that are not long enough to fit around larger drivers and their seat (and it includes everything that you need to add it to your vehicle). Larger drivers have been frustrated for many years due to the lack of availability of an easy solution to their problem.

Our seatbelt extender adds 1 foot (12 inches) to the length of your safety harness.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
KTKelly
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If she were wearing a (pick a color) dress, or slacks with a whatever blouse:

I didn't know ugly women could wear red.....
Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
boatmark
Advanced

Like Ron White said . . . " you can't fix stupid.
This woman reminds me of a famous quote where a woman told Winston Churchill that if he were her husband she would poison his whiskey . . . to which he replied "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it ! ! !"

The scary thing is they let stupid people out loose. If my old neighbor managed to get up in the morning, find a clean shirt, eat his Wheaties, and take a pee, he had about reached his intelectual limit for the day. The scary thing was he was a fire department paramedic! Wonder what the mortality rate was on his rig . . .
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should have explained that since the Vette was engineered by Zora from the planet Arkus-Duntov that the interior of the car is actually larger than the exterior. Once you enter the car there is enough room for 7 300-lb adults to sit comfortably while cruising at 120+ MPH. While seeing 40+ MPG fuel economy.

Rick B.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:28 AM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
About my friend....
Sure it's your 'Friend' that's in this situation?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Fat Tony
3rd Gear

I am over 6' Tall and I am pushing the 400 pound mark (I'm 385). I have my doubts about fitting in a Corvette which happens to be my dream car since I was a kid.

Now that I can finally afford one, I'm to embarrassed to go to a dealer and "see if I fit". And if I do fit, will they need the jaws of life to get me out!

For years I wanted this car. Today I can afford one, just to ashamed to try and squeeze into one. So I drive a Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I fit into with room to spare.

You guys saying you're big. Nah, yall aint big. Just above the average.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 AM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Funny

Whats funny is that if ya want it bad enough, a Corvette, you will fit. My very first 'Vette was '67 that I bought new. It was a Lyndale Blue coupe, I was soon to be 20 years old and wanted a 'Vette since forever up to that point, saved , skimped, 2 jobs, etc. etc. and the big day came and I bought the car of my dreams. At that time I was 6' 4" and around 250 lbs. I could hardly drive it, I felt very cramped, my previous car was a '66 Plymouth Satellite, roomy. Eventually, (like 2 days) I acclimated my self to the confines of my dream car and felt very comfortable in it. Never an issue after that. Fast forward to 1971 and I found myself lusting for another 'vette. I went shopping and bought a '71 roadster, LT-1, Ontario Orange. You wanna talk about being cramped, much tighter fit then the '67. I overcame that feeling pretty quick when I experienced the awsomeness of the performance of that car and actually felt comfortable in it. Another tight fit was when I got my '80 with the bolstered seats, that took a bit to get used to but it too is comfy now. Of course over the passing of time my body has changed and I no longer am fit and trim (never was) just more of me now. Stupid people have the need to say things ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because. Peace,,, moosie
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM
builder
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Should have told her that it is a lot easier with a smooth fat @ss when it isn't full of cellulose folds like hers...but, she might have taken offense.

I've often found it rude when women point out my belly, or balding head, like I am unaware of my body, as much as they are unaware of their own.

Get notified of new replies

To I didnt know fat people could fit in a corvette!!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Slotehog
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Tony
I am over 6' Tall and I am pushing the 400 pound mark (I'm 385). I have my doubts about fitting in a Corvette which happens to be my dream car since I was a kid.

Now that I can finally afford one, I'm to embarrassed to go to a dealer and "see if I fit". And if I do fit, will they need the jaws of life to get me out!

For years I wanted this car. Today I can afford one, just to ashamed to try and squeeze into one. So I drive a Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I fit into with room to spare.

You guys saying you're big. Nah, yall aint big. Just above the average.
Chances are you will fit. Just not very comfortably. My father is 6'5" and was 350lbs+ when he sold his '80. He fit. But like I said, not very comfortably he tells me.

Andy
Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
DeadStang
Instructor

The guy I bought my '70 from mentioned that he had put on a little weight (about 50#) and the car was no longer comfortable for him. I didn't know they made seat belt extenders, but that's not all of it--it's the steering wheel and hoisting your butt up and out of the car. The seat belt was extended as large as it would go when I brought the car home and it's old and stiff, so I had a heck of a time adjusting both sides tighter. My problem is less my fatness, and more the bum knee that makes it hard to get in and out of the low car. But it's worth it.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:32 AM
doc_cj
Instructor

LOL ... I'm 6'2" and 255. I have so much arthritis in my lower spine and hips it's hard to get out of the bed. I've had Corvettes since I was 19 (almost 40 years) and I've only needed the extender for about 12 of those years. Now I can actually reach the receiver without having to break my spine turning that far in my seat.

I also use a Dura-med swivel cushion in the seat to help me get in. I simply turn my back to the entry, sit down with my feet outside and my but on th e swivel cushion, then swivel around bringing my feet into the car.

The way I see it, I paid for the car. So it's nobodies business but mine how I get in or how I fit. I plan to drive one of these cars to the day I die and then be cremated in it.

Quick Reply: I didnt know fat people could fit in a corvette!!