Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
avner
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Pillar Gauge Pod Group?

Hello everyone
I'm interesting to add to my vert 72 a full triple Pillar Gauge Pod (2 1/16 gauge),In the market I didn't found anyone that makes a pillar pod for our vetts.
I found this site http://www.gaugepods.com/ that can manufacture a custom pillar pod but he needs a minimum order quantity of 20 per project.
If more people interesting in this triple Pillar Gauge Pod, We can arrange a group to order it.
I don't know what years have the same pillar & if the coupe and vert are also the same.
Thanks
Avner
Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
AndreG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default You bet!

Count me in. I'm not sure however if 3 pods is the best choice given space constraints. Two may be a better number? I actually posted a thread a week or so ago looking to see if anyone had done this and recieved a couple great photos from helpful people. I would just assume save doing the customization myself as I expect buying a unit would have a better end result.

Thanks
-Andre
Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
avner
Burning Brakes

AndreG
I saw you thread an the pic' of the two gauge pillar pod that look good but there are no name or item# for it.
I can leave with two gauges, trans' pressure & tmp'.
I thought to add also A/F gauge with toggle for both sides.
Avner
Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Jeffery73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

What does transmission pressure tell you?
Also what is A/F?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good
Old 04-28-2009, 12:47 AM
avner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeffery73
What does transmission pressure tell you?
Also what is A/F?
Transmission pressure will tell you the oil pressure in the trans' to see if it OK like the engine oil pressure, if it drop down maybe you can save it, I Install 200R4 and I want to monitor it.
A/F - Air/Fuel ratio, it will tell you if the carb' adjust properly.
(should be 14.7:1)
Avner
Old 04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Jeffery73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by avner
Transmission pressure will tell you the oil pressure in the trans' to see if it OK like the engine oil pressure, if it drop down maybe you can save it, I Install 200R4 and I want to monitor it.
A/F - Air/Fuel ratio, it will tell you if the carb' adjust properly.
(should be 14.7:1)
Avner
If the transmission is full and the car moves, you know that the pressure is ok. Not sure why you would need the gauge. Where would the sender for that go?

The smell of the exhaust will tell you if the A/F is ok. You don't really need a gauge for that either.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
AndreG
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeffery73
The smell of the exhaust will tell you if the A/F is ok. You don't really need a gauge for that either.
A/F is nice to have and I like the idea of a toggle for it also. Tough to smell the exhaust going down the road and if you can you have far bigger concerns Rich it will simply run poorly and is a menace to the environment and other drivers. Being lean at throttle very damaging things can happen quickly. Also, it's tough (for me anyways) to tell a lean ping from a timing ping or crappy fuel ping. I want to be as responsible as I can and still maximize performance.

Requirements for me are vacuum and fuel pressure as they together can give you a warning if you are having potential A/F issues. If I could find guages that better match the stock ones better I would consider replacing the clock with just one of the two and tucking the other away somewhere under the dash but as I can't match them well I would just assume mount another set in a place where I can see them well and having them seperated from the other stock gauges the difference in appearance would not be as noticeable. It would also be nice to be able to see the fuel pressure without having to take your eyes off the road as when it is most important is when your foot is pegged and things start to get a little hairy.

Cheers
-Andre
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Looks like we can't get 20 people
Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 AM
avner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TPI BOY
Looks like we can't get 20 people
I think you right,
So what I'm going to do is to buy at Ebay universal triple gauge pod and use it as a base to create the correct one from fiberglass.

Avner
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by avner
Hello everyone
I'm interesting to add to my vert 72 a full triple Pillar Gauge Pod (2 1/16 gauge),In the market I didn't found anyone that makes a pillar pod for our vetts.
I found this site http://www.gaugepods.com/ that can manufacture a custom pillar pod but he needs a minimum order quantity of 20 per project.
If more people interesting in this triple Pillar Gauge Pod, We can arrange a group to order it.
I don't know what years have the same pillar & if the coupe and vert are also the same.
Thanks
Avner
Is this still on
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TPI BOY
Is this still on
Doubtful as you look at the age of the thread. Many mount extra gauges in the cowl area.

Get notified of new replies

To Pillar Gauge Pod Group?

Quick Reply: Pillar Gauge Pod Group?