Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING EPA and increase of ethanol!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WARNING EPA and increase of ethanol!!!

THE USA EPA are seeking comments for the increase use of ethanol in gasoline.
Gang we all need to comment on this, with the older vehicals that we seem to drive this will be some of the biggest PIA that we can encounter and not even begin to see the effects that it will have down the road.

I myself have a amount of older cars that were never designed to run on this. Can the older bunch out there remember in the late 70's when the car companys where having problems with the fuel systems when we were forced to start using "gasahol". It will disolve, floats, fuel lines, and be more corrosive to the metal side of the fuel system

You need to make a comment on the US EPA web site and to contact our congressmen/women and let them know.

Ok enough from me, now it is your turn.

WRO87
ps. hope one of the moderators can get this posted in the other parts of the forum.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Ok Ralph Nader, you win, GM/Chrysler are now toast, you and the safety maven jerks/green weenie types have save the planet, and stuck us all behind the *** end of a mule...

thank you EVER so much....

R/Nader and them all should be shot at sunrise....
and I am totally dead serious about that, ......
Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Any links for this? So far there has not been enough ethanol supply to do even the current 10% in most places.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate the 10% ethanol crap. ate through a new set of gaskets on my freshly rebuilt carb in less then 18 months.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Look up the website www.alcoholcanbeagas.com. It wouldn't be a bad idea because right now you can request to build a still for the sole purpose of making ethonal gasoline. The ATFE as we speak is being swamped with applications and they cannot process them fast enough. So they will allow you to build your still first and apply later. To hear more about this program you can go to www.coasttocoastam.com, type in the search window ethanol gas. (the program aired last month) and listen to the entire program about ethanoal gas. Very informative. It might convince you. Besides, Horsepower TV ran a carb rebuilt to handle E85 gas and the conversion will not take long at all. Everyone here already knows about alcohol fuel. Look into it. E85 gas is coming your way...like it or not.

Last edited by Oldguard 7; 04-17-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zwede
Any links for this? So far there has not been enough ethanol supply to do even the current 10% in most places.
There are a few stations that already have E85. Go to the website below for info about E85. www.alcoholcanbeagas.com.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wro87
Gang we all need to comment on this, with the older vehicals that we seem to drive this will be some of the biggest PIA that we can encounter and not even begin to see the effects that it will have down the road.

I myself have a amount of older cars that were never designed to run on this. Can the older bunch out there remember in the late 70's when the car companys where having problems with the fuel systems when we were forced to start using "gasahol". It will disolve, floats, fuel lines, and be more corrosive to the metal side of the fuel system

You need to make a comment on the US EPA web site and to contact our congressmen/women and let them know.

WRO87
ps. hope one of the moderators can get this posted in the other parts of the forum.
I wouldn't be too alarmed, but the oil companies will be.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldguard 7
There are a few stations that already have E85. Go to the website below for info about E85. www.alcoholcanbeagas.com.
No, I was asking for links about the original poster's claim that the EPA wants to increase ethanol content above 10% in all gasoline. I find it odd since there is currently an insufficient supply of it to even do 10% in all gas. E85 is a different animal.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

No, I was asking for links about the original poster's claim that the EPA wants to increase ethanol content above 10% in all gasoline. I find it odd since there is currently an insufficient supply of it to even do 10% in all gas. E85 is a different animal.
Ok.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
tnovot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky you. Here in the Midwest, we can't get anything but gasohol. I try to dilute it with 100 octane low lead for my 2 streetrods but it's getting harder and harder to find an airport which will sell it to someone in a few gas cans. Last time I bought some, a few weeks ago, I paid $4.26 per gallon.
Terry
Old 04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WRO87
Since there is apparently very little sympathy on the part of our legislators to the hotrodder cause, sending them letters, faxes, emails, phone calls, etc. trying to alert them to this little "problem" of ours will more than likely draw attention to OURSELVES as being the REAL problem. Like it or not, our government has now been almost COMPLETELY hijacked by people who view America's 100-year obsession with automobiles as something that must be CHANGED before their objective of eliminating the mythical global warming that they've been carping about for years can ever be fulfilled. To them, we're all just a bunch of boorish, narrow-minded morons who will soon destroy the entire planet with 'greenhouse gases' if they don't step in and protect us from ourselves, and if that means sending all of our beloved Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles, GTOs, Mustangs, etc.,etc. to the crusher then so be it- to them they are nothing more than the useless relics of a bygone age. If you want your old, V8-powered, pre-catalyst, carbureted dinosaurs to survive this onslaught for very long the best thing to do is probably donate them to museums because Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Feinstein, Soros, and all of their collectivist ilk have by now managed to seize complete control of America (with the adoring help of a majority of America's voters, I might add). The only consolation that I get from all of this madness is the solemn knowledge that the God that none of them believe in is STILL in control...
Old 04-18-2009, 01:29 PM
78VetteChic
Melting Slicks

The Wall Street Journal had an article yesterday on the ethanol increase.

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has opened the door to allowing higher mixes of ethanol in gasoline, a potential boon to farmers and the struggling ethanol industry, but opposed by auto makers whose consumer warranties typically are tied to the current EPA standard.

The agency Thursday said it is seeking comment on whether to allow ordinary gasoline to consist of as much as 15% ethanol, an additive that has been heavily promoted by farm states. For decades, the EPA has allowed gasoline to include up to 10% ethanol.

The EPA's move came in response to a petition filed last month by the trade group Growth Energy to allow motor fuel ethanol blends of as much as 15%, citing an Energy Department study that found "no operability or driveability issues" with blends as high as 20% ethanol.

(rest of article - it's a free read online)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1239...ist_smartbrief
Old 04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Skip Burney
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvette
Ok Ralph Nader, you win, GM/Chrysler are now toast, you and the safety maven jerks/green weenie types have save the planet, and stuck us all behind the *** end of a mule...

thank you EVER so much....

R/Nader and them all should be shot at sunrise....
and I am totally dead serious about that, ......
can I volunteer to be on the firing squad
Old 04-18-2009, 02:15 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Skip Burney
can I volunteer to be on the firing squad
ONLY if you up for headshots.....

I think Pelosi/company should be forced to drink that crap before passing legislation....

the EPA needs to be eliminated and everyone FIRED on the spot, as a totally and completely useless agency....

Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
OURSHARK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by birdsmith
Since there is apparently very little sympathy on the part of our legislators to the hotrodder cause, sending them letters, faxes, emails, phone calls, etc. trying to alert them to this little "problem" of ours will more than likely draw attention to OURSELVES as being the REAL problem. Like it or not, our government has now been almost COMPLETELY hijacked by people who view America's 100-year obsession with automobiles as something that must be CHANGED before their objective of eliminating the mythical global warming that they've been carping about for years can ever be fulfilled. To them, we're all just a bunch of boorish, narrow-minded morons who will soon destroy the entire planet with 'greenhouse gases' if they don't step in and protect us from ourselves, and if that means sending all of our beloved Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles, GTOs, Mustangs, etc.,etc. to the crusher then so be it- to them they are nothing more than the useless relics of a bygone age. If you want your old, V8-powered, pre-catalyst, carbureted dinosaurs to survive this onslaught for very long the best thing to do is probably donate them to museums because Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Feinstein, Soros, and all of their collectivist ilk have by now managed to seize complete control of America (with the adoring help of a majority of America's voters, I might add). The only consolation that I get from all of this madness is the solemn knowledge that the God that none of them believe in is STILL in control...
Well said
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Amen, brother !

Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Mark L. Warner
Racer

WRO87

Take heart, brothers. My company has finished testing - we can now make synthetic gasoline from wood chips. I kid you not. We now have the catalysts to make bio-synthetic gasoline, bio-synthetic diesel, and bio-synthetic jet fuel - all from wood chips, wood waste, and landfill waste. We are vigorously trying to finish the financing to get our plants built, but these fuels are the SAME molecules as the petroleum products and certify to the same standards. Once we get this out there, there will be no need to increase ethanol usage. We can simply use the bio-synthetic hydrocarbons.

Take a moment to visit our website.

It is: www.gulfcoastenergy.net

This technology is not 10 years off like some would have you believe. We can do it now.

Get notified of new replies

To WARNING EPA and increase of ethanol!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 AM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Gasoline from WOOD CHIPS? What kind of evil right-wing extremist plot is this?? AAAGGHHHH!!?!?!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:20 AM
78VetteChic
Melting Slicks

Gasoline from WOOD CHIPS? What kind of evil right-wing extremist plot is this?? AAAGGHHHH!!?!?!!
Hydrogen Fuel From Woodchips and Other Non-food Sources

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0211162026.htm
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Jeff_Keryk
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I live in sunny CA, Silicon Valley to be exact. No one has asked me to turn in my 68 L36 Roadster or my 65 442 or my old Sportster. In fact, I am going to go look at a nice 65 Chev pickup today... Most of my friends have old (and new) Harleys, 40's and 50's cars and trucks. Yes, we have crappy 92 octane gas. Mythical global warming? None of 'em believe in God?

Quick Reply: WARNING EPA and increase of ethanol!!!