Sponsored by:

ram's horn exhaust manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 PM
mdj21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ram's horn exhaust manifold

One of my ram’s horn exhaust manifolds had some pretty deep cracks in it, but they didn’t appear to go all the way through so I decided to paint it up and use it for a while. After painting it, it slipped off of the wire I used to hang it from and hit the floor breaking into three pieces. Now I’m short one manifold…..

I went to a junk yard this afternoon and didn’t have any luck finding one. The man said that they had mostly 90’s cars, but I decided to have a look anyway because I wasn’t sure when GM quit using that manifold.

Can anybody tell me what years, makes, and models these manifolds would be used on? It is casting number 3932461 RH4. They are 2” outlet, center dump, cast iron, ram’s horn style exhaust manifolds. Junk yard workers seem to be clueless unless you can give them a year, make and model.

These manifolds aren’t corvette specific, are they? Is there anything else I could find them on?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,190 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by mdj21
One of my ram’s horn exhaust manifolds had some pretty deep cracks in it, but they didn’t appear to go all the way through so I decided to paint it up and use it for a while. After painting it, it slipped off of the wire I used to hang it from and hit the floor breaking into three pieces. Now I’m short one manifold…..

I went to a junk yard this afternoon and didn’t have any luck finding one. The man said that they had mostly 90’s cars, but I decided to have a look anyway because I wasn’t sure when GM quit using that manifold.

Can anybody tell me what years, makes, and models these manifolds would be used on? It is casting number 3932461 RH4. They are 2” outlet, center dump, cast iron, ram’s horn style exhaust manifolds. Junk yard workers seem to be clueless unless you can give them a year, make and model.

These manifolds aren’t corvette specific, are they? Is there anything else I could find them on?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

I used to have a 461 but when I just checked, I guess I must have sold it. Anyway, I do have two RH manifolds in nice shape without smog holes. Shipping across the country can be a bitch so if you can't find one closer and you still need one, PM me.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:54 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey guy there are a lot of those manifolds forsale on E-bay I saw a set today. Good luck, I bet you get a lot of response from the guys on the forum if you advertise under parts wanted. Doctorgene P. s. corvettes had them from 1957 up until 1980 in cast iron, it will depend on if you are using the smog equipment or not. The 300 H. P. version is 2 1/2 inch if you want to increase your Horsepower but: it does not have the smog control holes on it.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
mdj21
Racer

Well, I was hoping to find some in a local junk yard. Thanks for the offers though. If that doesn’t work out, maybe I’ll try EBay.

Would they be used on anything other than a corvette?

I think there’s another big junk yard just south of me. Maybe I’ll hit that place tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Your making me go way back, but I think 1972 and older had them without smog holes in them. they only sell for about 35.00 each Wish I could be of more help I do have a couple of old ones in the garage, I have several 2 1/2 inch ones in the garage. I plan on putting them on my 82. I have them on my 57 right now. Lots of difference in H.P. approx 10 to 15 more . Have a great hunt, it's suppose to snow here in Kansas City 7 to 10 inches tonight I would hate to go yard hopping in the mess if it does. Doctorgene
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 PM
mdj21
Racer

Well, there is a good chance of rain tomorrow down here in the "sunshine state." Of course, I would rather be wrenching in the rain than in the snow.....
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 PM
694speed350
Race Director

Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorgene
Your making me go way back, but I think 1972 and older had them without smog holes in them. they only sell for about 35.00 each Wish I could be of more help I do have a couple of old ones in the garage, I have several 2 1/2 inch ones in the garage. I plan on putting them on my 82. I have them on my 57 right now. Lots of difference in H.P. approx 10 to 15 more . Have a great hunt, it's suppose to snow here in Kansas City 7 to 10 inches tonight I would hate to go yard hopping in the mess if it does. Doctorgene
my '69 has the smog holes in them. don't know if the '68 had them or not. the '69 had the air injection system on it.

Get notified of new replies

To ram's horn exhaust manifold

Quick Reply: ram's horn exhaust manifold