Sponsored by:

Transaction to Overseas

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
C3Andrew
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transaction to Overseas

I need some help/advice. It appears I've made a successful sale to a person overseas - this is not a hoax transaction - in a short time I will know.

My question regards a US Title....do I hand it over with it signed and notarized on the back like a typical transaction? Do I give it to the shipping company?

All advice appreciated in advance!

A.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 AM
worship79
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Contact these people (Hans Hendriks), they export cars and carparts abroad (US -> Europe) for a living. Sent me my alu radiator recently, good service

Holland Ranch Cars and Parts

We are a licensed and Bonded Dealer

2144, FM1618,
Buffalo, TX 75831
USA
Tel. 903-322-1204
Fax 903-322-2154
Cell 903-390-0945

info@2dutchies.com
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Federal007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I imported mine to Australia, all that was required was a bill of sale and original title as required (and checked) by US customs. My shipping company took care of the customs so yes they required it to clear.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,715 Likes on 2,273 Posts

You need a bonded intermediary who can make the final transaction for you and guarantee that you will get the financial exchange for your signed title. It's like having the Title company perform the closing on sale of a home or PayPal to make transactions on the web.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
68RATVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very easy, just more time consuming. Since you are the seller, the buyer works out the details with a shipping company, that company will have an escrow account that holds the payment.

First thing is contact your bank and have them email wire instructions to you. The buyer can wire the deposit for the car, say 5000, then you know he's not full of Sh$%.It will take 3-4 days to clear since it's out of country.

Then the shipping company will contact you about p/u, they will ask how you want to be paid, here's the important part!!! If the company is US based, they can wire you the money within an hour and it clears, do it the day before p/u. If the company is out of the US, it can take 3-4 days for a wire transfer to clear, so no p/u until it does.

All you need for paperwork is the signed over title and a selling reciept, print one via web from DMV and fill out.

The shipper does most of the work, not you and it costs the buyer for that service...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

When I bought my car from a fellow member here, he just signed the title with my name and also signed a bill of sale that has been sent to him via the shipping agent, thats all what needed to do. Actually I was able to register the car locally with my name using only the bill of sale with the export/import documents, but its better to sign the title to him just to be sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Transaction to Overseas

Quick Reply: Transaction to Overseas