Sponsored by:

Side Running Lights Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM
marines
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Side Running Lights Replacement

In order to replace the missing side running lights for the front of my 74, do I have to remove the brace that is under the front bumper to allow me access to the area that houses the lights? Are there quick disconnect plugs that attach to the new lights? All I really need are the lenses but it appears that this is a sealed unit. Please help!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
myway76
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if there is a difference between 74's& 76's but on my 76 all it had was two nuts that held them in place.. Reach up under the fender to gain access,, I put new units in after paint job.. Bulb goes in , quick disconnect...I put mine in the day i got it back and went to the local cruize night.. Quick job!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marines
In order to replace the missing side running lights for the front of my 74, do I have to remove the brace that is under the front bumper to allow me access to the area that houses the lights? Are there quick disconnect plugs that attach to the new lights? All I really need are the lenses but it appears that this is a sealed unit. Please help!

The bulb sockets hold the bulbs and twist lock into the marker light housings. You can simply reach up and around...headlights up works best, and turn the sockets to get the bulbs out.

Then, reach up in with a small ratchet or stubby wrench and remove the two nuts. The studs are plastic so be careful.

Then the marker light housings pop out from the outside. I just removed all of mine for maintenance and modification.

Get notified of new replies

To Side Running Lights Replacement

Quick Reply: Side Running Lights Replacement