Sponsored by:

*Looking For Pics and Part Numbers For A Serpentine System For A C3*

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
InternalBleeding
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Looking For Pics and Part Numbers For A Serpentine System For A C3*

Anyone have a nice serp setup. I don't want anything from other cars, just something from a vendor like Summit etc. I was considering this system. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Does anyone know of the system that includes A/C??

Old 01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Besides March there is Billet Specialties, Concept One, Street & Performance, and several others.

I used the Street & PErformance kit on my lS6 with Air. Not cheap, but nice. They have different kits. (www.hotrodlane.cc)

Old 01-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Chris Johnson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InternalBleeding
Anyone have a nice serp setup. I don't want anything from other cars, just something from a vendor like Summit etc. I was considering this system. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Does anyone know of the system that includes A/C??

Stay away from Billet Specialties. My system came with a bad power steering pump, and BS refuses to take care of the problem. The pump was built with a standard rotation front plate and a reverse rotation back plate. It cavitated the fluid and wouldn't create enough pressure. The fluid would get way too hot and the pump would wail (loud enough to be heard over a 700hp 565 with sidepipes). Joe at BS tech support gave me bad info on the pumps rating, and he quickly started acting like I was a bother.

Upon Joe's advice, I moved my reservoir a couple times and replaced the reservoir. I did everything I could assuming it wasn't the pump. I spent about 3 whole days on various iterations of moving the reservoir, shortening lines, and re-bleeding the system.

Finally I had to send the pump to PSC Motorsports http://www.pscmotorsports.com/ . Kelvin at PSC Motorsports quickly determined that the pump was a complete screwup and built me a new pump. Of course the new pump works fine. In contrast to BS, PSC Motorsports' customer service was excellent. He sent me a nice write-up describing the pump and how it performed on a test machine. He included pictures of the plates, including beside correct plates. I forwarded this info the BS, but they apparently ignored it...

Joe at BS said they wouldn't cover it since it is out of warranty. It is true that it is out of warranty, but was driven for the 1st time within the last couple months. He was stupid enough to say something like 'It isn't good business to cover products that are out of warranty'. I would have no problem if I had driven the car for any length of time, but this pump was bad from the factory, and never worked on my car. Their director of marketing was supposed to call me - that was over 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard a peep. So I'm out a total of $400, $170 for the new pump, ~$170 for the reservoir, $40 shipping back and forth, and new fittings, a whole bunch of fluid, etc.

Oh, almost forgot... To make the BS system fit on the Vette (at least the big block Vette), you have to cut a big notch in the frame. Wish I would have known that before I spent $2300...

Get notified of new replies

To *Looking For Pics and Part Numbers For A Serpentine System For A C3*

Quick Reply: *Looking For Pics and Part Numbers For A Serpentine System For A C3*