Sponsored by:

Red 69 Received a Full Refund From Durango_Boy

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Red 69 Received a Full Refund From Durango_Boy

I was asked by the moderators to post that I have received a full refund from Durango Boy. It was in the amount of $770 I paid for his Vortec heads. The case between he and I is closed.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by Red 69
I was asked by the moderators to post that I have received a full refund from Durango Boy. It was in the amount of $770 I paid for his Vortec heads. The case between he and I is closed.
That is good news!
Bman
Old 01-19-2009, 02:24 AM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somewhere out there there's a postal truck with an extra 100 hp. gotta love the vortecs...
Old 01-19-2009, 05:12 AM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it still verbotten to mention what happened? It's all well and good to say you got a refund, but for what? Every time someone mentioned it in the last 3 months, the thread was shut down.

Is it safe to assume that if you were aked to write this thread, there's another thread with a big public appology form DB with perhaps an additional appology from the moron that said you (Red) deserved it (getting ripped off).

Just curious...
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red...I'm glad that DB got you taken care of.I don't know WHY it happened this way on DBs part,and I only know him from the forum here,and talked on the phone one time w/him,but it is hard for me to see him "plotting" to get you.More like a bad situation happened,and he didn't know how to make it right right then,and I will say this....right before Matt was sat in the corner....he pm'ed me,and said that he was in a jam,and trying to make it right,and wanted to know if I was able to buy some of his parts to get some money up to take care of you.
All the above still doesn't take away what you felt going thru this.Even w/your money in hand now.I know that.I'm glad that you have your dough tho'.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

How wonderful.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Doinit Once
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red 69
I'm glad things were resolved too. Posting this thread seems a little off color though; perhaps, in retrospect, a locked out sticky would have been more appropriate since the issue is closed and additional negative comments aren't needed.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Doinit Once
I'm glad things were resolved too. Posting this thread seems a little off color though; perhaps, in retrospect, a locked out sticky would have been more appropriate since the issue is closed and additional negative comments aren't needed.

well...heres the problem. If we don't have resolutions posted then everyone wants to know WTF happened. We (The Mods) are also often accused of "protecting the bad guys" when we edit or remove threads. The fact is we are usually working to help get a resolution and that is easier to achieve when we don't have a bunch of speculators with pitch forks stirring up the sh**. Sure in a perfect world we wouldn't have to do this but sometimes sh** happens. I would like to think that if you were the one caught up in a bad deal and being accused that you wouldn't want to be trashed if you were working toward a resolution.

Is everyone happy in this case? I would venture to say "No" . Yeah Red 69 got his money and DB did what he was asked to do but I think it left Red 69 with a bad taste in his mouth regarding DB and any other deals and on the flip side it has probably hurt DB in doing future deals.

I would like to propose we move on from here and that everyone make sure that when they get involved in a deal that they know what they are getting and what the terms for payment are as well as what recourse they may have if they are not happy.

And yes I think its time to close this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Red 69 Received a Full Refund From Durango_Boy

Quick Reply: Red 69 Received a Full Refund From Durango_Boy