C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schumacher Logistics oversea's shipping help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
68RATVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Schumacher Logistics oversea's shipping help?

First, the search did not get me the answer I needed, so....
Has anybody used Schumacher Logistics Inc for overseas shipping, I found some info on the BBB page, but my question is two fold. Myself and the buyer cant seem to figure out the best way for him to pay me, my suggestion was a secure wire transfer my bank sets up, they use a routing company so niether one of us has access to the others accounts.
I can see his point about never getting a car after paying. He says the shipping company pays for the car when it's p/u, with a check. That's not happening. He seems like a straight up dude, even had a inspection done at a cost of 400 to him, still....any idea's would be appreciated..
Old 01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Ronaldo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 68RATVT
Has anybody used Schumacher Logistics Inc for overseas shipping, I found some info on the BBB page, but my question is two fold. Myself and the buyer cant seem to figure out the best way for him to pay me, my suggestion was a secure wire transfer my bank sets up, they use a routing company so niether one of us has access to the others accounts.
I can see his point about never getting a car after paying. He says the shipping company pays for the car when it's p/u, with a check. That's not happening. He seems like a straight up dude, even had a inspection done at a cost of 400 to him, still....any idea's would be appreciated..
My brother bought a car this way. He transferred the money to shipping firm, who then bought a cashiers check in the US and then handed over the check at pick up. It was not Schumacher though...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Hadez
Drifting

I sold my 69 vette this past August to an excellent guy in Australia. The transaction was butter smooth. You have to assume a little trust on both ends to make it work smoothly. He put $250 holding deposit via pay pal into my account. Then after inspection he setup with a company he put about $4,000 wired directly into my bank account with the remaining balance to be wired directly to me from the shipping company he picked out. Sure enough 2 days before they came to pick up my car I had the full remaining balance wired directly to my bank account and is my monies to use instantly...no holding period/nothing. We did it this way so he would avoid paying additional VAT on the $4,000 he already wired to me. It went very smooth.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Ronaldo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 68RATVT
How about something like this?

https://www.escrow.com/index.asp

I have not used them.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
68RATVT
Pro

Thanks for the answers...After talking to the company, they have several options for payment, I'm using a wire transfer from the shipper before they pick up the car. That's a good way to do business, they charge the buyer an extra 250 to trustee the deal, but I think for both of us it's safe now...

Get notified of new replies

To Schumacher Logistics oversea's shipping help?

Quick Reply: Schumacher Logistics oversea's shipping help?