Sponsored by:

C5 Seat Install Help (in a '69)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Seat Install Help (in a '69)

I will be putting black leather with red stitching C5 Z06 seats in my '69.

Were there any tricks as to mounting them? I will be tackling this Saturday. Also, my driver's side is electric, where did some of you hook that up? Is it wise to run it with a fuse to the battery or somewhere else? What size fuse is good (my guess is 10A)? Thanks.

-Adam
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

Adam...There's an article in Corvette Fever Magazine's web site under "project cars" showing the details of installing C5 seats in a C3.
Ken
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Brat
Advanced

i put C5 seats in my 78 ,the electric trac put the seats to high so I had to use the old tracks
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will help, but it is an 82.

The passenger side will be similar, but the driver side will be much different as the 80-82s had a lower floor pan than earlier models to compensate for the electric motor set-up I understand.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...z06-seats.html
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Adam,

You won't like them unless you go manual and mount the seats directly to your existing tracks or come up with something else. They will sit too high as others have suggested.

Even my Corbeaus sit higher then stock and although they are comfortable and I like the look I am in the process of swapping them out for the restored stock seats with two-tone Black and torch red leather.

If you decided to go forward, just hook all the orange together to a 12v supply and ground the blacks. The Black/White strip do not need to be hooked up.

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Thanks a bunch; especially Joe (Joe let me sit in his Corbeaus). Any idea how much current those orange wires will draw? What is my alternative to using the motor in the driver's side? Can you make it a manual?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Brent, your thread is very helpful. Thanks a bunch.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Another Option:

Courtesy of Rich's Corvettes from the buildup of his 63 and features in Corvette Fever:

----------

Part of our interior upgrade involved changing the seats and we decided to install C5 Sport seats which have been custom upholstered. Since the stock C5 power seat mechanism places the seat higher than we wanted I decided to remove them to lower the seat. It also eliminates about twenty pounds per seat. After looking at various options to retain foward and aft adjustment I found that seat tracks from a C3 could be made to work. To obtain the right seat rake billet aluminum risers were made for the front and rear. With this approach we achieved the right seat height, rake and also the fore and aft adjustment along with the rear seat back angle adjustment.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Joe! Could I essentially accomplish this with washers from Lowe's? I want to see the ride height with the motor before I do anything though. It all goes down tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Young69Owner
Thanks, Joe! Could I essentially accomplish this with washers from Lowe's? I want to see the ride height with the motor before I do anything though. It all goes down tomorrow.
Go to your local hardware store, find the drawer of chrome spacers. Easily find 1/4" and 1" for the thread needed. They work great in the engine compartment too.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Seat Install Help (in a '69)

Quick Reply: C5 Seat Install Help (in a '69)