Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heading from NJ to New England?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Maine Vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anyone heading from NJ to New England?

Hey All,

Is anyone coming from/going through New Jersey and heading to New England in the next month or so?

A fellow forum member has a rear deck that I want to purchase but due to it's large size shipping would be big $$$. I'll gladly pay for any extra time and effort it would take to pick up the part and meet me somewhere for drop off. Due to the size of the part you'll most likely need a pickup truck to transport it.

The part is located in Flemington, NJ (North of Trenton) and I'm located in Southern Maine. Even if you're only coming part way I'd gladly drive south to meet you somewhere - anything that would shorten the journey for me would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help.

Tim
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim,
Did you check with Greyhound? About a year ago I shipped a hood for about $55. Might be worth checking if nobody is heading north.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Sometime in the next few weeks, I will be heading from NJ to Boston. I am not far from Flemington, but how big is the part? I am not sure what a "rear deck" is, any pictures? I will have my wife and kids with me, but could put something on the roof rack if it is of reasonable size and weight. Failing that, Greyhound will ship just about anything.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Maine Vette
Drifting

Thanks for the tip about Greyhound guys. If nothing pans out here I'll definitely investigate going that route.

Paul, the rear is esentially the top part of the rear clip without the fenders attached. It's light, but it's a pretty big piece - about 4' x 5'. I doubt you'd be able to bring it up with a car. I appreciate your offer though.

I've got a few pictures at home and will post them a bit later when I get off work for any others who might be able to help.

Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
wfo76
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maine Vette
It's light, but it's a pretty big piece - about 4' x 5'.
As long as it's not too thick, that is the perfect size for Greyhound. After they get the luggage in,
this part will lay right on top of it and otherwise this would be wasted space in the bus compartment,
hence the good deal on shipping.

Last edited by wfo76; 12-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Sebago Shark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

We'll be flying down to Florida to visit my folks for Christmas and will be driving a motorhome back. Plan on being back home in Standish before New Years.
Is it the top back section behind the T tops to the rear bumper and from the bonding strips up on the sides? If that's what it is and kinda clean I could just lay it on the floor or strap it down on the bed. (Don't tell the wife I said that). Let me know if that works and I'll send ya my cell #.
Jeff
Old 12-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Maine Vette
Drifting

Hey Jeff. Thanks for considering helping me out. It sounds like you've got a pretty tolerant wife!

What you described is pretty much what I'm trying to get up here. Here are a few photos the seller sent me. Overall it looks to be very clean, but I can request the owner hose it down a few days before you pick it up to get any dust/dirt off. I wouldn't want you catching hell because you got dried up mud on the sheets.

Let me know what you think. As I mentioned, I'd definitely give you something for your time and trouble. Standish is only about 30 minutes from me - it would sure beat a 14 hour round trip!

Tim
Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Sebago Shark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Tim, That looks like it should work out OK. Is your seller flexible as far as a pickup time goes? We might make a few stops heading north so not sure yet what day we will hit NJ, but plan on being home no later than tue. before New Years. Looked at the map and it looks like an easy off I95.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Maine Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDM1953
Tim, That looks like it should work out OK. Is your seller flexible as far as a pickup time goes? We might make a few stops heading north so not sure yet what day we will hit NJ, but plan on being home no later than tue. before New Years. Looked at the map and it looks like an easy off I95.
Awesome! I got your PM and will give you a ring this weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone heading from NJ to New England?

Quick Reply: Anyone heading from NJ to New England?