C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durango_Boy Where are my Vortec Heads???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Durango_Boy Where are my Vortec Heads???

October 22, 2008 I wrote a check for $770 and mailed it to Matt aka Durango_Boy for the purchase of his Vortec aluminum heads. The heads were $750 and the extra $20 was for the temp sender he was going to make for the head.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-p...tec-heads.html

It is now December and I haven't received anything but empty promises. Shortly after he received my check about October 24 he told me he dropped and damaged a head making it unuseable. He assured me he would have his machine shop make me another set exactly as the ones he damaged. The last email message he said the heads were shipped by his machinist November 20. When I asked for a shipping number he said the shop ships USPS and there was no tracking number and I should receive the heads in 8 days. Well....by my count it is Monday and 11 days have gone by.

Unless by some miracle I get a check in the mail, I will be pursuing legal action to recover my money and related costs from dealing with this loser.

He has other items for sale in the forum and all I can say is buyer beware. He posts plenty of messages, but that can't be a judge of integrity.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 252 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Originally Posted by Red 69
October 22, 2008 I wrote a check for $770 and mailed it to Matt aka Durango_Boy for the purchase of his Vortec aluminum heads. The heads were $750 and the extra $20 was for the temp sender he was going to make for the head.

It is now December and I haven't received anything but empty promises. Shortly after he received my check about October 24 he told me he dropped and damaged a head making it unuseable. He assured me he would have his machine shop make me another set exactly as the ones he damaged. The last email message he said the heads were shipped by his machinist November 20. When I asked for a shipping number he said the shop ships USPS and there was no tracking number and I should receive the heads in 8 days. Well....by my count it is Monday and 11 days have gone by.

Unless by some miracle I get a check in the mail, I will be pursuing legal action to recover my money and related costs from dealing with this loser.

He has other items for sale in the forum and all I can say is buyer beware. He posts plenty of messages, but that can't be a judge of integrity.

Have you called him? 3 days over on a machine shop deal doesn't sound outrageous to me. USPS is a bunch of dufusses so maybe the heads are in the mail.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

I don't know "Matt" but here's the rules.......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html

Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Hope that it all works out for you!

Last edited by Don Rickles; 12-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Sidepiper
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red 69

Wow, I hope you talked to him on the phone before you posted such a bashing thread
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Yeah....I know he is the darling of the MB, but look at the dates and read the time line. Matt is very polite and articulate, just not good at keeping his word. He missed every promise he made, I do not have what I paid for and he has my cash. For those who think I am the bad guy, send me a check for $770 and you collect from Durango_Boy. If the heads were shipped, where is the tracking number?????
Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
swtato
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Not covering for DB but considering last week was a holiday I know that will slow shipping down, but DB needs to answer since you called him out.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
JBinUTAH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member.

All efforts exhausted after 3 days?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

ut-oh
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike, this was not a good way to continue.

For the record I have responded to every single email Mike has sent me and done my best to mediate this deal.

There is nothing more I can do from my end but wait for them to be delivered, just like you.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy
Mike, this was not a good way to continue.

For the record I have responded to every single email Mike has sent me and done my best to mediate this deal.

There is nothing more I can do from my end but wait for them to be delivered, just like you.
Have you returned my phone calls with a reply? Have you kept any of your promises on delivery? Why am I needing to reach you on a public forum and more importantly, why am I not in posession of the Vortec heads I paid for last October? The deal was not that I wait for some unknown machinist to make the heads in his leisure. At this point I just want my money refunded, you keep the heads!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Both sides have replied. I strongly suggest this now be taken to PM/e-mail.

Get notified of new replies

To Durango_Boy Where are my Vortec Heads???

Quick Reply: Durango_Boy Where are my Vortec Heads???