Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
c3_dk
Safety Car

Received 381 Likes on 294 Posts

Default Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion set ?

http://www.fastmanefi.com/products.htm

/John
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Man, that's a bunch of $$$ just to replace a carb. Why not just put a Chevy TPI system on it from a mid-80's Camaro?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

$1900 ain't bad. I did a Holley Pro-jection for about that. EZ is the key. Any factory fuel injection will need major tuning on the memory. Mine is EZ laptop tuning, but this doesn't even need that. Just drive.
Bee Jay
Old 10-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Mad Vette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to use the Holley TBI with the 950 commander ECU. after talking to Bee Jay about his set up and doing a lot of research about fuel injection I found it to be the most cost effective set up out there. It provides good drive ability better fuel economy than a carburetor and it's completely programmable with a lap top. It is not as complex or expensive as a multi port set up. I was going to use a TPI but found out that it would probably not breath at high rpm for my 383. I bought mine from Scroggins Dickey parts center for $1509. http://www.currymotors.gmmotors.com/...dySystems.aspx

Check out the Holley's web site you can download the instruction manual before you buy it to see what it takes to install.

http://www.holley.com/950-24S.asp
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Vette
I am going to use the Holley TBI with the 950 commander ECU. after talking to Bee Jay about his set up and doing a lot of research about fuel injection I found it to be the most cost effective set up out there. It provides good drive ability better fuel economy than a carburetor and it's completely programmable with a lap top. It is not as complex or expensive as a multi port set up. I was going to use a TPI but found out that it would probably not breath at high rpm for my 383. I bought mine from Scroggins Dickey parts center for $1509. http://www.currymotors.gmmotors.com/...dySystems.aspx

Check out the Holley's web site you can download the instruction manual before you buy it to see what it takes to install.

http://www.holley.com/950-24S.asp
You are going to love that unit. One of the major changes they made over mine is the progressive secondaries. It's really hard to get a good A/F ratio at idle with four big honking injectors squirting. Also, the new one has a special program for cranking and starting. Mine just has a % enrichment for low tempertatures. You are going to love data logging and the screen dashboard. I know exactly what my engine is doing if I have the lap top hooked up, or I can go back and see exactly what it was doing on that last run. Holley has an excellent help line, but let me know if I can help. Next to my AFR heads and my 700R4 install, this was one of my best mods ever. Oh and then there is hydroboost and the big honkin' sticky tires and wheels. Damn, I've done a lot to this car.
Bee Jay
Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

You can buy a lot of fuel for $1,900. In my case about seven years worth. What is the attraction to convert for hobbyist drivers?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Bullshark
Melting Slicks

Received 104 Likes on 49 Posts
CI 5 & 8 Veteran

Originally Posted by paul67
You can buy a lot of fuel for $1,900. In my case about seven years worth. What is the attraction to convert for hobbyist drivers?
Paul, Performance, reliability, the challenge to make something better using latest technology, to name a few, It's just an extension of the Corvette hobby for me. Probably the engineer in me, but it is a great opportunity to learn. The only reason I would stick with old school carburetors is if my hobby focus was originality. BTW, one element of my hobby, the 70 LT-1 is just that.

Bullshark

Last edited by Bullshark; 10-15-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion

Quick Reply: Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion