Sponsored by:

Road trip help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 03:28 PM
COOLTED
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Road trip help

It's almost time to put her away. It's too cold at night to drive with the top off. It's not gonna be long and it will be too cold to drive in the day with the top off. I can't stand it, Summer is going away.

To cure my sadness I am trying to think of places to go next year, t-tops off. I need some ideas. So far I have Kansas City. I have the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. Maybe go to Grand Island, just so I can turn around and come back. I am in southeast Nebraska and am open to all suggestions

ALL suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you havn't been to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, you should go. Expect to spend an entire day there, maybe 2.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green is worth the trip. If you book in advance, you can also tour the assembley plant which is across the road from the museum.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:50 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 542 Posts

Mt Rushmore. the WOW factor is unreal. And then you find out no tax dollars were spent on it. Double WOW> While you're there go to the Crazy Horse monument that is under construction. If you're luck you get to see the blast some of the rock.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:03 PM
COOLTED
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Rushmore...wow it's been quite a while since I've been there, probably around 35 years. Beautiful drive. Good suggestion!

The Corvette Museum is on my list as well. That's one of the places I'd like to go. Google says only a 12 hour drive. Seems like it should be longer than that.

Get notified of new replies

To Road trip help

Quick Reply: Road trip help