Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lambo doors on this c3

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you self proclaimed "old" guys don't seem to get is that the next generation of Corvette people want something different from their Corvettes. If you can't get them interested in Corvettes, then Corvettes as a hobby is just going to dissappear when the current generation of owners die off. What used to be called customizing is now apparently just called "ricer" by some people. In my book it is still customizing and everybody will have their own tastes. That's no reason to insult the owners though.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM
ngroat7007
Racer

Originally Posted by ShinodaVette
What you self proclaimed "old" guys don't seem to get is that the next generation of Corvette people want something different from their Corvettes. If you can't get them interested in Corvettes, then Corvettes as a hobby is just going to dissappear when the current generation of owners die off. What used to be called customizing is now apparently just called "ricer" by some people. In my book it is still customizing and everybody will have their own tastes. That's no reason to insult the owners though.

to keep it going things do need to change. The beauty of the c3 will always catch attention and always get looks from the young crowd but to them sadly it is just a good looking old car. If people can do tastefull modifications... no we dont need spinners, a million tvs, bright rediculous paint and cf hoods... then maybe there will be more to these cars. The corvette will NEVER become a ricer car no matter how many people attempt to modify the c3.

ricer- (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import 4cyl car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 that is often put on a fwd vehicle so that it is useless and actually reduces speed
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

not a ricer: tasteful/light body modifications which maintain the car's "sleeper" look, more money invested into the engine rather than aesthetics

Last edited by ngroat7007; 09-10-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

looks ugly as hell, and im part of the generation thats supposed to like this crap.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:16 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

I may be old, but I'm not a self-proclaimed old person who just hates new things. I hate tacky, ugly, stupid things.

Just because it's different, doesn't make it good for the future of the hobby. I remember the horrendously tacky customs of the 70's, and they were awful too.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
77Vette4S&J
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bowerss2
Lambo doors are so played out that even Lamborghini is phasing them out..........
Old 09-10-2008, 03:03 PM
ngroat7007
Racer

Originally Posted by Bowerss2
Lambo doors are so played out that even Lamborghini is phasing them out..........
ever see the disapearing rotary door?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtko...eature=related
Old 09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ngroat7007
ever see the disapearing rotary door?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtko...eature=related
That was pretty cool. Thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

i want to suicide my doors.....
Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
fauxrs2
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah.. corvettes as a hobby wont disappear until the cost to acquire the car goes beyond the reach of the average person...C1 & C2 hobbiests havent died off, its just that there are fewer examples left and their cost to acquire has gone beyond the reach of many...at least compared to the C3...

when the C3 reaches these prices they too will stop being modded like thay can be now...

As for the doors, not my cup of tea by any stretch.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
It's hard to think of a more tacky junk-up of a Corvette than to put Lambo ricer doors on them. But I'm sure more ideas are on the way.
I have to agree, not something I would like, but hey if someone wants it on their car that's their right........... but
Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
randommj
Safety Car

The top one dosent look bad, the bottom one, not so much...

I think it would be akward opening it due to the door handel design

Miles
Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
pbcanney
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
It's hard to think of a more tacky junk-up of a Corvette than to put Lambo ricer doors on them. But I'm sure more ideas are on the way.

look like chit. and I am old, so the 'old' excuse above don't fly
I have more pics of the silver lambovette
http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes...d80/index.html
talk about spending extra to ruin your classic
dig the peterbilt pipes
I'm glad this guy sold it when he did, I'm sure a bling wing was next
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Vett-Sniper
Intermediate

Oh yeck ya, I agree. Doors, too much. Blower, yep-all the way.

But first, we have to discuss what is young and what is old?

Im 36, and just got a 75. First vette, for me. All original on the outside, matching numbers, with 420 Edelbrock upgraded RPM performer pack. (fast on the inside).

I think the theres a happy medium in there somewhere. (And yeah, Id like to see the wife in a short skirt, again) Sheesh !!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by onaqwst
i want to suicide my doors.....
Have you seen it before?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DWncchs
Have you seen it before?
never have on a vette..... but shouldnt be too hard to fab up a bracket.... considering that you can use the birdcage for the mounting area..... would be tricky though due to the angle of the door and having to figure the center of the hinge to clear everything.

b
Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
L88Plus
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

GM is doing a damned good job of constantly introducing "something new" for Corvettes. Most of the ricer crowd aren't attracted to 'em anyway.

THE BEAUTY OF A CORVETTE IS THAT THE BODY DOESN'T NEED ANY MODIFICATION, IT'S A WORK OF ART THAT STANDS ON IT'S OWN.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

the trick to body mods is to make them look like they belong to the car.... if you cant figure them out then they work

Get notified of new replies

To lambo doors on this c3

Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

Sorry can't help the temptation.....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
couperdecar
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone notice windows are down on both of these? Almost like you gotta roll the windows down to open the doors? I'm not sure , but if these things hinge up , uhh... isn't the T-top in the way. anyone know how these things work. Does the door pop out a little , and then up?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 AM
onaqwst
Le Mans Master

most lambo kits have you open the door out a bit then they raise up.....

Quick Reply: lambo doors on this c3