Sponsored by:

So true.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
suzie-q
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarcrazy02
I do that too. And I always park far away in the lot, and I usually try to get under a light, but still some moron ALWAYS parks right next to me. I don't know if they just want to look at the car or if they're jealous, but I'll be a good 10 empty spaces out from any other car, and it never fails that every time I walk out, my car is no longer alone...
That ALWAYS happens to me as well!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 PM
rydoc
Pro

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots (and idiots with cars) out there, that is why I rarely ever park my car in a parking lot, if for any reason I am parked, I do not leave the car alone, my passenger goes for what is needed...I know my vette is not perfect...but if anyone is going to scratch the paint it will be driving it...that may sound a little ****...but I despise people that can`t respect someone elses property

a little rant

Rod
Love the vette
Old 06-27-2008, 09:36 PM
couperdecar
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At work on the weekends we can park in the underground parking lot. Five levels. After hours and weekends the spots are open to anybody in the building. Rarely anybody there , but I do park on 3 just so nobody bothers the car. So last weekend after my shift I go down to the garage and just me and one other car on 3. Guess where hes parked ?! I was like WTF ?! He was parked 4" from my passanger side. 50 spots on each level and he HAS TO park 4" from my $4000 paint job. I wrote @SS H@LE backwards on his dusty back window so he could be reminded who he is when he looks in his rearview mirror
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
slaine
Instructor

Originally Posted by mod81
me too but just one guy....he parked an F250 about 3 inches from my passenger door and I was the only car parked out at least 3 rows behind the rest of the cars. We had words...as I watched him do it while eating my lunch...i'm one of those that not only turns back to look at the car while walking away, but I also find a window seat and watch it from a distance if possible.
I am curious, what did you say to the driver? What did he say? Anymore when someone does something rude, if I confront them, politely or otherwise, all they do is SCREAM insanely.
I'm 6' 200 lbs and fairly soft spoken. Ya can't hit anyone (no matter how much they deserve it, or BEG for it!) I WILL let them know that they win the "UGLY-RUDE contest".
By the way it isn't hard to write "A$$hole" backwards on their windows with your finger.

edit...sorry you posted just before I did on the writing backwards.

Last edited by slaine; 06-27-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: None
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Mia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by andylmusic76
that's hilarious! i can relate to that...sarasota is full of that.
Sounds like Lake Geneva... Its yuppy ville in the summer here!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ctk30
No one would be envious of a C3 were I live

There a lot other nicer cars, bentlys, lambo's, ferrari's...etc
I don't live near these types but let me say this, I am a branch manager of a large electrical supply corp. I have had conversations with more than a few rich business owners. They do envy C-3's aswell as many older cars, their fear is that the car may breakdown, they don't handle aswell as a lets say a ferrari. From what I have gotten out of many of these conversations is they envy the guy you is willing to put the love into such a machine. They have the money to pay for the exotic so it's just a better choice for them.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Jeffery73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Amelio
That has never happend to me with my vette but it has happend with other cars of mine. One time when I cam out from a store there was a sh*t box parked next to my truck and a scatch from it's door.....needless to say I was mad...the owner was not around for me to have a chat but lets just say that persons vehicle needed some body work after I was done

I would never attack someones ride with out them around but the owner was not there and I was not a happy camper.
Don't feel bad. Your not the only one.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:01 AM
OogieBoogie
Racer

Originally Posted by fugawi
i stay away from parking lots. nothing but idiots, and morons. most notable is walmart shoppers..
I agree. I never go anywhere in my car where I'm going to have to park it and leave it. I'll go to the park with friends where I can always see my car. I use one of my trucks when I have to run errands.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just leave my business card.

THANKS
FOR PARKING SO CLOSE
NEXT TIME LEAVE A %#@#ING
CAN OPENER SO I CAN GET
MY CAR OUT
A$$HOLES
LIKE YOU SHOULD RIDE THE BUS

I always have a few of these in the car for just this type of situation.

shmoky
Old 06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
82crossfirevette
Instructor

Originally Posted by shmoky
I just leave my business card.

THANKS
FOR PARKING SO CLOSE
NEXT TIME LEAVE A %#@#ING
CAN OPENER SO I CAN GET
MY CAR OUT
A$$HOLES
LIKE YOU SHOULD RIDE THE BUS

I always have a few of these in the car for just this type of situation.

shmoky
I had a friend that had those in the 80's and I haven't seen them since.

I don't park the vette unless I'm down the park and it's within sight and a quick sprint away. ... Don't you guys think leaving something on the a$$@#&!'s window or doing something to their car makes you a target? C3's stand out and they'll remember you the next time they find your Vette unattended.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM
CCrane65
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

I once lived in an efficiency apartment and had no choice but to park my 65 convertible in the lot. I came out one morning and a Ford POS was parked next to the vette and he left a calling card on my passenger door, on the beltline of course.

So I moved the vette then went over and stood with my back to his door and put my foot right in the middle of it.

Then I went over to the apartment office and told them what I did and that if the guy who owns that car wants to talk to someone about it they can send him my way.

Never heard a thing and he never parked next to my vette again.

I was lucky enough to have a friend in the local Corvette Club who touched up the fiberglass and then airbrushed the repair good as new.

cc
Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

29 years owning my78 and never,ever had that happen to me....in fact,most are very careful when parking next to the vette...
Old 06-28-2008, 01:25 PM
81_vette!
Racer

Originally Posted by 400hp427vette
I don't live near these types but let me say this, I am a branch manager of a large electrical supply corp. I have had conversations with more than a few rich business owners. They do envy C-3's aswell as many older cars, their fear is that the car may breakdown, they don't handle aswell as a lets say a ferrari. From what I have gotten out of many of these conversations is they envy the guy you is willing to put the love into such a machine. They have the money to pay for the exotic so it's just a better choice for them.
Absolutely true. Totally!
I have an old Countach.. one day the alternator died and I was left stranded by the side of the road until the tow truck arrived. I cannot tell you how many people drove by and gave me the finger, laughed and made rude comments. Not one person even thought to stop.

A week after I got my vette, my ignition module burnt out and I was left stranded by the side of the road. Within 10 minutes, there was a friggin' car show in the parking lot! A 79 vette, a 69 camaro... and two other cars I did not even recognize... all older classics pulled in to help. Did not even have to call a tow truck... one of the guys that pulled in gave me a ride to the parts store, we bought a replacement, installed it and were on our way.

The Lamborghini may draw constant, jaw-dropping attention... but the vette draws real people with a love and respect for the art form. I always feel sooooo relaxed and cared for when I drive the vette... and that has made all the difference in the world.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

I went shopping with my son a few months ago in my 05 Durango. The morons out here can't really park equally between lines anyway but I found a slot and by the time I parked, there was a car on my passenger side and a slot not big enough for a car on my driver's side.

Wrong.

Came back from shopping and some stupid arsehole's squeezed in. He's left himself enough room to get out of his door but I could only open my door about an inch! I unlocked the car and got my son to get in and put my window down, then I jumped on this turd's hood, walked up it and climbed onto the roof and slid in through my window.

Point of interest, Lexus's aren't that strong when you walk on them in size 12 steel capped work boots...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by saudivette
Came back from shopping and some stupid arsehole's squeezed in. He's left himself enough room to get out of his door but I could only open my door about an inch! I unlocked the car and got my son to get in and put my window down, then I jumped on this turd's hood, walked up it and climbed onto the roof and slid in through my window.

Point of interest, Lexus's aren't that strong when you walk on them in size 12 steel capped work boots...

That's totally awesome...did you happen to take pics of he damage?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

No, just drove away
Old 07-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Brooklinite
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by saudivette
I went shopping with my son a few months ago in my 05 Durango. The morons out here can't really park equally between lines anyway but I found a slot and by the time I parked, there was a car on my passenger side and a slot not big enough for a car on my driver's side.

Wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To So true.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
'71VetteRacer
Instructor

I hate people like that. I really do think that people are jealous, of our cars, so they feel like they must ruin it for us! However, My dad and I rarely ever park anywhere, other than a little cafe on Sunday cruises, but we stopped at the gas station yesterday to get an auto-trader (I'm looking for my first car finally, and some guy from the used car dealeship parks super close to my dad's Vette, and since the locks don't work all that well, I'm sitting in the passenger seat. he opens the door up as wide as it goes, and hits the brand new frickin sidepipe on the passenger side! I'm 15, and a quiet person, but while my dad was in the store, I blew up in this guys face! My dad walked up from the AM-PM and did the same thing.....this guys was clueless, and now he's going to be buying a new sidetube possibly and the JET-HOT coating.....I hate people like this, and the entire lot was empty at that!

Maybe the only way to not have someone park super close if it's a POS?

Last edited by '71VetteRacer; 07-04-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

i hate to say this.. but i used to be the a-hole that did this to people... i was irritated people were this **** about cars! now i kinda understand.. but if i EVER see ANY car trying to take up two parking spots, your know where im going to park??? in the spot they are trying to take up!!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Kid Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
This is so true it's almost not funny. This happens to me a lot.

You hotlink a lot?

Quick Reply: So true.