Sponsored by:

Stay Away From Virginia Vettes!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:21 AM
pbcanney
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Virginia Vettes
This morning a full refund of the door panel differance $134.16 was credited to Mr William Benham's credit card.
On monday morning a hard copy of the transaction will be mailed to him for his records.
Dick Barron
Virginia Vettes
Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcanney

When the order was paced at $xxx dollars + shipping and the payment was made, an agreement (sale) was made and your obligation was to fill the order for the amount you stated at the time of the sale and deliver it for the shipping billed and paid.

Once you changed (over billed the agreed sale price) and took, without contacting the buyer, what you considered the new corrected amount, you violated all sorts of anti trust laws. If it was me I'd be filing suits to sue your confederate asses.

If I were you I'd refund the total amount with apologies and let him keep the damn panels.

I'm sure he's encountered emotional pain and suffering as well. Thats always worth a little extra money.

$145 sale to have your name dragged through the mud is priceless.
Ditto. Just reading all this. The advertising here is, well, someone (or some people) made a very bad decision on handling this transaction. Changing the price AFTER, without contacting......not good.

Can you say Willcox???

m
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Much like the guy who suggested CF members intimidate vendors, I think this post overestimates the stunning overarching power of The Forum (appropriate dramatic music in background, DumDumDumDUmmmm).

"Tens of thousands of dollars of lost business???" OMG what a hoot! You are telling me the handful of people who joined in on the mob mentality and piled on this business in this thread had "TENS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS" that they were just about to spend at VV, but now they aren't??? Stop it, you're killing me.

PS, this is not a comment about VV... it's an observation about some people who think they are a bit too influential...
I expect there are, by several orders of magnitude, more people that read and never post, than actually post. The lost business will never be known with certainty, but there almost certainly is lost business.

People make mistakes all the time......how those mistakes are handled is key. This one seemingly was not handled well, if VV's intent is to keep customers happy.

m
Old 04-20-2008, 10:05 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

This morning a full refund of the door panel differance $134.16 was credited to Mr William Benham's credit card.
On monday morning a hard copy of the transaction will be mailed to him for his records.
Dick Barron
Virginia Vettes
Aside from perhaps feeling as though you were brow-beaten to death, that should make you feel better. Imo, it's the best resolution. I'm not sure I would have posted a name here, though.......m
Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 AM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

so whats the bottom line? do we boycott this co.?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Our web page has been updated this morning to remove the typo.
Please accept my sincere thank you to past customers who know me and what I stand for. I have been in business for 30 years and and not a thief or a crook that I have been made out to be.
We immediately offered a complete refund including shipping and when that failed a $80 credit on any parts of his choice for his trouble was offered. This was also rejected.
A far as the receipt goes it was mailed the exact day Fed Ex was given the door panels. The time lapse is the time the US Mail moves and Fed
Ex delivers
Originally Posted by T's
It's time for Save Wave to close this baby down.
Good luck to the op

Dick Barron
Virginia Vettes

Brutal. Lets not kick him when he's down anymore. Looks fixed to me, and that doesn't happen all the time. Try car warrantees and consumer electronics satisfaction issues

Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 AM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by nutsy
so whats the bottom line? do we boycott this co.?
Again, the power of the forum being a little overstated
Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Our web page has been updated this morning to remove the typo.
Please accept my sincere thank you to past customers who know me and what I stand for. I have been in business for 30 years and and not a thief or a crook that I have been made out to be.
We immediately offered a complete refund including shipping and when that failed a $80 credit on any parts of his choice for his trouble was offered. This was also rejected.
A far as the receipt goes it was mailed the exact day Fed Ex was given the door panels. The time lapse is the time the US Mail moves and Fed
Ex delivers
Then I consider this thread closed.

Quick Reply: Stay Away From Virginia Vettes!!!!!