Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detail paint 70 roadster

Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM
apd6545
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail paint 70 roadster

I have a 70 350/350 roadster that is ready to start coming back to life. The chassis and engine have been rebuilt and are ready to have the body set back on it. The body is just about totally down to glass and I will soon be starting to paint. The car has had some body work done over the years so I do not want to rely on the colors that are on the car now. Two areas of concern, one the convertible top deck lid, what is the underside color of the lid, does it match the car or is it black? Also what color are the deck lid unlocking handles and the two side catches. Both of mine were painted body color, but I am not sure that is the way it came from the factory. Also in the area for the windshield wipers, is there any body color or is the whole area, suppose to be blacked out? Mine had basically the jam for the front of the hood, body color and the rest with areas of primer, and black? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Tony
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

The underside of the deck lid was body color, as was the lever, cable and lock assemblies.
The wiper well was blacked out after the body was painted so you'd expect no color in the well, BUT, so many cars were touched up at the factory that you often see over spray in the well on original cars.
Regards,
Alan

The 'lip' right in front of the wiper grill that's part of the hood surround was blacked out, and a mask was used at each side where the black meets the body color.

Last edited by Alan 71; 04-28-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
apd6545
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail paint 70 roadster

Thanks that is exacttly what I was looking for

Get notified of new replies

To Detail paint 70 roadster

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Detail paint 70 roadster