Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C3 General
General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Corvette America

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
str8upchevy
CF Senior Member
 
str8upchevy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: 90% of all Fords are still on the road.....the other 10% actually made it home!
Default Who sells BFGoodrich 265/50/15's ???

I've searched high & low for this particular tire online and I can find it ANYWHERE!!! I can get the 295/50/15's for the rear no problem, but nobody sells it in the 265 width. (And yes, I've Googled it)

Thanks
str8upchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
den(thevetteman)78
CF Senior Member

 
den(thevetteman)78's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: caraquet N.B Canada
Default

You might have to go with a 60 serie for the front.
__________________
'78 L82 with turbo wheels,blackout kit and custom Fiero seats.
My vette at:http://members.cardomain.com/denthevetteman78

C3 forever
den(thevetteman)78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
BarryK
CF Senior Member
 
BarryK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2004
Location: Newark DE
Default

it may not be available anymore in that size. Selection of 15" tires is getting to be severely limited anymore because of the greatly reduced demand for that diameter size, particularly in a higher performance tire.
BarryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Tim H
CF Senior Member
 
Tim H's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Southern Indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8upchevy View Post
I've searched high & low for this particular tire online and I can find it ANYWHERE!!! I can get the 295/50/15's for the rear no problem, but nobody sells it in the 265 width. (And yes, I've Googled it)

Thanks
Its a good thing!!!
How tall is that tire 24 inches? A vette deserves better than that!!!
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
Glass Act
CF Senior Member
 
Glass Act's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: 406ci SB, AFR 180 Heads - 490 HP @5,600 RPM 529 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
Its a good thing!!!
How tall is that tire 24 inches? A vette deserves better than that!!!
The 265's are 25.4 in. tall
The 295's are 26.6 in. tall

I'm in Canada and had no problem getting mine from the BFG dealer, maybe you can order them.
Glass Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
str8upchevy
CF Senior Member
 
str8upchevy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: 90% of all Fords are still on the road.....the other 10% actually made it home!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
Its a good thing!!!
How tall is that tire 24 inches? A vette deserves better than that!!!
I guess that's a matter of opinion isn't it?!

I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with you though,.....especially after studying this picture and realizing there's NO OTHER combination I'd rather have.

Click the image to open in full size.
str8upchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
66roadster427
CF Senior Member
 
66roadster427's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas Texas
Default

you might have to go to Canada eh to get them - they dont even list that size as being available on the bf goodrich web site. The BFG help line is 877-788 8899.

Do they have to be BFG's? The reason I ask is because onlinetires.com list Hankooks (which are a good tire - i had a set on my IROC) for $73 a piece in that size and coopers for $83 ea.
66roadster427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Reload this Page Who sells BFGoodrich 265/50/15's ???
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
10, 15, 265, 26550, 2655015, 2955015, 50, bf, bfg, bfgoodrich, goodrich, inch, radial, ta, tires


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2