Sponsored by:

Wierd story

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:09 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't a burnout about now be appropriate?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

While I'm all for using finite resourses wisely, I am dead set against hypocracy. Here's just one of my brushes with ignorance. I'm driving to work and come up on a car with a No Fur sticker, licence plate same thing. The car? Red Mercedes 190, tan leather interior. As much as I wanted to pull her over and correct her error, I just laughed instead. /:\
Old 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM
pik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a colleague at work who was a staunch vegetarian. We used to tease him that his leather belt and boots must have come from a cow that died of old age.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM
alanbl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I live in the People's Republic of Boulder, home of the University of Colorado. I was filling up at a gas station near campus when some kid walks by, stops to look at the car and goes into a rant about why driving the Vette is depleting the natural resources, polluting the planet and causing all the ills of mankind including the Phillies 23 game losing streak in 1961.

Rather than get indignant, I calmly looked at him and said "no, it's not. This car is a hybrid." Since he was obviously automotively ignorant, he hesitatingly said "really?" I came back again and told him it definitely was a hybrid and I hadn't filled it with gas in the past 3 weeks. At that, he just said, "cool, man," and ambled off.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:57 AM
racerbvd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cncfreak247
Was driving down the highway on my way to work. Going about 70mph i come up behind a Honda Insight. He is doing 55 in the fast lane. I make my presence known to him and he generously moves to the right. As I accelerate back up to my original speed i pass him and he holds up a sign saying "Your are killing the Earth by driving that car!"

SERIOUSLY!?!?! I was sooo taken back by this, I casually responded by flooring it and scooting away burning much more precious fuel than I needed. I thought the Gas Guzzler tax was bad enough but people holding signs up while I drive by is a completely new experience. Anyone else have something similar to share?

BTW that has motivated me to get a license plate that says "15MPG HW"

I had a grenny weeny give me a nasty look as he parked next to me, he wouldn't even get out of his hybrid until I pulled away

They talk about killing the Earth, what do they think the battery acid does???
Old 11-10-2007, 01:26 PM
mytman61
Advanced

Default Hybrids....

Just another cog in the "wussification of America" machine developed by the lunatic left!!! I'm gonna go drvie a tank thru my vette and my HEMI today...
Old 11-10-2007, 04:29 PM
CTZR1
Burning Brakes

I wonder if al gore drives a C3. those hybred owners got to take thier low hp fustrations out on some body. tell'em for the money they spent on that squirrel cage they could have bought a newcorvette.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:44 PM
blunblk68
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

if that would have happened to me i think i would have givin him the thumbs up and a big smile and wave!! It usually works on the idiots i pass on the interstate doin 45 in the left lane yackin on their cell phones!!!

Last edited by blunblk68; 11-10-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 PM
forest2
Intermediate

when i see the green people driving there over priced planet savers i give them the thumbs up thank them for providing me with the extra fuel i need . just think for the price of one of there pos i can have 2 nice c3s and more fun per mile
Old 11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
r0t0rdr1ver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jay-Dog
Jesus would drive a C3. I'm certain of it.
Most definitely! Love it.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by dbeall1968
A buddy of mine has a '57 chevy and it is all original, looks like new. Here in MD we have emissions testing for all gas vehicles that are not antiques. It does not test diesels, or anything else. (BTW, you can get a waiver if your car fails after doing $200 of work on it). Anyway, this guy wanted to test his '57 for kicks and giggles. The attendant said he was exempt and didn't need to test, but my guy insisted on testing the car. HE PASSED WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS!! This was as delivered from Chevy in 1957. So think of Cuba, and how many carbon credits they are saving by not making or buying any new cars for 45 years! If we stopped making all these cars, our vettes would soar in value As for me, I'll keep my 68, and turn the heat down so I can drive it
Cuba has newer vehicles, imported from Europe and the former Soviet bloc. They just haven't had any new US vehicles imported for a long time. I have to say, those guys are creative when it comes to repairs.

Originally Posted by mytman61
Just another cog in the "wussification of America" machine developed by the lunatic left!!! I'm gonna go drvie a tank thru my vette and my HEMI today...
Between the "wussification" caused by the lunatic left, and the "stupidification" caused by the retarded right, Dog only knows where we're gonna end up.

BTW, you have a "junior" status, so I thought you should know that there is a place for the political BS - it's called PR&C, a division of OT. I'm sure the moderators and administrators would be very happy if the political crap stayed there and didn't stray out into other sections.

For anyone who wants to lessen their vehicular impact on the environment, drive a diesel and run it on old cooking oil. You'll even add the pleasant smell of french fries to the air as you drive by.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-Dog
I think it was David Freiburger of Hot Rod Mag that wrote an article about how we are actually helping the environment by maintaining and driving these older cars rather than having a factory supply us with a new car. After all, the process of building a new car uses lots and lots of resources. So, driving your vette is sort of like the ultimate recycling project.
Yep - I've read that in other studies too...

Originally Posted by I'm Batman
For anyone who wants to lessen their vehicular impact on the environment, drive a diesel and run it on old cooking oil. You'll even add the pleasant smell of french fries to the air as you drive by.
I thought this would be a good idea too, but now all the cooking oil from most restaurants is spoken for thanks to the biodiesel fad!

I may have to print up a sign that says "Thanks for conserving oil so that I can use more!!"
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 AM
jontis
Instructor

Now now friends, let's all remember that there is a limited amount of oil (->gas) left in the planet. The way I see it, we will use it all up. The question is not if but when. So... while I generally support sane environmentalism, the one about saving gas is not my fondest. As we will burn all that gas anyway, the only thing gas saving can do is make it happen over a slightly longer time. When there is no gas left, then finally will people be motivated to come up with a working alternative.

In the meantime, I'm really happy about other people saving gas because there will be more left for me and my '72
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 AM
elevatordude
Instructor

I had one whine about my car and then saw the seat covers and started on the leather and i stoped them right there and said thats not leather its the fineist baby seal money can buy!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by radiojoe
Wow, what a very sane and rational response. A loony guy flashes a stupid sign at you, so imply physical threat by flashing your gun. That's totally called for!
Gee, Joe, do you think I was being serious. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
jake1
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I say do burnouts, drive your Vette and Hemi as much as you want. So we use up all the oil, so we never have to deal with the Middle East ever again...!!
They will come up with alternatives, when it all gone.

Quick Reply: Wierd story