Sponsored by:

Corvette Central Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
80VETTEL82ME
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Central Exhaust Systems

Found a complete system in Corvette Central On-line Catalog for dual exhaust, headers, pipes, hangers and magnaflow mufflers include for a 1980 for $609.00. Has anyone in this Forum installed this? was wondering if its a good deal?

Thanks guys
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed their dual exhaust kit on my ’79 about a month ago. I mounted mine up to the OEM exhaust manifolds instead of going to headers. The fit is pretty good. In fact, the center sections are flattened slightly to improve ground clearance. The tips on the Magnaflows aren’t even, so I may use some extensions to match up the lengths. The Magnaflows sound pretty good. I’m satisfied so far.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
80VETTEL82ME
Instructor

Originally Posted by Neo Fender
I installed their dual exhaust kit on my ’79 about a month ago. I mounted mine up to the OEM exhaust manifolds instead of going to headers. The fit is pretty good. In fact, the center sections are flattened slightly to improve ground clearance. The tips on the Magnaflows aren’t even, so I may use some extensions to match up the lengths. The Magnaflows sound pretty good. I’m satisfied so far.
Did you feel any performance change? Any increase in Horsepower?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Neo Fender
Drifting

It seems stronger. It at least runs better, especially at idle. I think the EFE was bad. Here’s the thread from when I started the project:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1428841

This will not be an issue for you, since you’re installing headers. Even after ditching the EFE, the pipes lined up fine. The exhaust sounds louder from inside the car but it doesn’t drone at highway speeds like some mufflers are known to do. Sounds best when you lean into it.

Originally Posted by 80VETTEL82ME
Did you feel any performance change? Any increase in Horsepower?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
80VETTEL82ME
Instructor

No one else has used the complete system? Was wondering how the headers were? I assume that they are aluminized like the rest of the pipes?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:39 PM
stock76
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I used their 2.5 dual kit w/ Magnaflows. I stayed with my stock exhaust manifolds. The research I did at the time showed the greatest HP increase came from the true dual system with no cats. The headers do add extra HP, but not much because the original Corvette manifolds do a pretty good job. Supposedly you get 35 -40 hp increase going to the duals, making sure your timing is set up right and quadrajet is properly adjusted. I don't know if you get that much HP - maybe you even get more than that? Either way, you sure can feel the difference. It was well worth the money spent on that "upgrade".
Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 460 Likes on 272 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Contact ALLENS stainless in indiana,
they are a manufacturer of all kinds of exhaust applications.........& supply almost all of the corvette catalogue houses............
cut out the middleman & $AVE BIG !!!
i used them for my mufflers, very knowlegable, helpful & experts a@ customer service !!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
darebren
Heel & Toe

my corvette central dual kit with magnaflows arrived today, i planned to tinker with it this weekend, i will reuse the manifolds. i wondered if you could do an install with a floor jack only, or if you really needed ramps? also, if it bolts up to the manifolds, then does the heat riser go away?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Patrick73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do installation with jack stands and without ramps, but ramps are easier, better and safer in my opinion. (I recently made some mini 4 inch high ramps for the rear wheels after seeing some in a magazine; I can now put all 4 wheels on the drive on ramps)

CC Exhaust System will bolt straight to exhaust manifolds. You can eliminate/remove the 68-74 heat riser valve on passenger side if you so wish. If so, install a spacer. CC has them in both 2 and 2 1/2 inch depending upon your system. ( your later model C3 may not have the old style heat riser valve like the earlier 68-74 C3's)
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000050G

Last edited by Patrick73; 12-14-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Neo Fender
Drifting

The CC exhaust system is intended to fit with the heat riser in place. Mine wasn't working so I removed it and had no problems with the pipes fitting - without a spacer.

Originally Posted by darebren
my corvette central dual kit with magnaflows arrived today, i planned to tinker with it this weekend, i will reuse the manifolds. i wondered if you could do an install with a floor jack only, or if you really needed ramps? also, if it bolts up to the manifolds, then does the heat riser go away?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM
darebren
Heel & Toe

i took out the heat riser, and the pipes seemed to fit up better to the manifold than to the heat riser, both of the pipes off the manifold looked to be the same length so it didn't look like i should use the heat riser or a spaer, maybe its purely optional.. anyway, the only problem i had installing it is that my catalytic converter heat shield is in the way of one of the pipes getting tucked up tight. i might cut it out since i can't reach the bolts to remove the shield that are tucked up on top of the crossmember. i have a hard time getting the stock mid support to line up with the new pipes, but maybe i have the pipes backwards.. of the two long mid section pipes, i have the one with a few more kinks and bends in it on the passenger side..?? to me this looked like the right way..so maybe we don't need to use any support holders for this dual system ? it's mounted tight to the manifolds, and passes through the center support section, and then is free hanging all the way back to the rear supports at the mufflers. if anyone used any support brackets please let me know.. as well as the cat heat shield issue.. thanks.. this is on a 1977 4 speed. installed the corvette central dual exhaust (ex headers) with magnaflows.. it is hooked up enough to test the sound... i like it alot!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
ngroat7007
Racer

im assuming they had thiskit for the 82? im very interested if they did
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
mitchgrab08
3rd Gear

are they any threads with a install of the CC kit with pics? im putting mine on next week. thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 PM
RIO68
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Corvette exhaust system

I have a 77 model car with a lightly modified engine--put a chambered exhaust dual system no converter on it. Sounds good, fits good, but I'm afraid it might turn out to be a little loud. Haven't put the car on the road yet--still got it a part for paint. Anyone used one of these systems? If so how did it work out?
Thanks ahead of time for feed back--
Old 08-30-2011, 09:44 PM
white1984Z51
Advanced

id like pics with the center support hangers as well. im installing now and cant figure out where they go. i also think ill go back and remove the spacer.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Central Exhaust Systems

Quick Reply: Corvette Central Exhaust Systems