Sponsored by:

Looks like I'm pulling the engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Xakk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like I'm pulling the engine

Somewhere among the twisting mountains of Eureka Springs, the vette started blowing grey smoke out of the exhaust under acceleration. I had already planned to pull the motor this winter to clean up and paint the engine and bay, but I hadn't planned on a rebuild this year. I don't know if I broke a ring or what. I'll run a compression test on all the cylinders before we go ahead and pull it.

Rebuilding isn't a problem, and I might as well do some of those upgrades while I have it out, I'm just a little bit disgusted with the car right now and don't really want to look at it. So for now, it'll sit until I have time to mess with it or until I can stand to look at it again. Until then, the wife and I have started a new project to keep us busy for a while. And I do mean busy. So far we're having a blast, and we just started.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gonna chop it? Sorry to hear about your Vette.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Oh, you're killing me! That's exactly what I've been looking for lately. It's a '57 right? I'm thinking that's a '57 only hood but I've been wrong before. I thought I had a deal on one a week ago but it wasn't what the guy said. Claimed it was 90% restored but ended up needing 90% restoration so I left it with him since his price was too high. Anyway, good luck with the truck, sorry about the vette.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Xakk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShinodaVette
Oh, you're killing me! That's exactly what I've been looking for lately. It's a '57 right? I'm thinking that's a '57 only hood but I've been wrong before. I thought I had a deal on one a week ago but it wasn't what the guy said. Claimed it was 90% restored but ended up needing 90% restoration so I left it with him since his price was too high. Anyway, good luck with the truck, sorry about the vette.
Yup. It's a 1957 3200 that my dad traded for several years ago. It's been sitting at my mother's house ever since. Earlier this summer the wife finally told me I had to stop tearing the vette apart just because I was bored and wanted a new project to work on, so we decided to build a truck instead.

It's not in too bad shape. The front fenders will probably be replaced, and there's some rust in the floor, but I've got a welder and a little sheet metal doesn't scare me. It also came with a spare bed. I've got a small block chevy and a TH350 to go in it. We're planning on doing an IFS and I've got the rear end out of a 2000 4wd Blazer with disc brakes to go into the rear. It should be a fun project.

Last edited by Xakk; 10-14-2007 at 09:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like I'm pulling the engine

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm pulling the engine