Sponsored by:

modifying stereo

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
jontis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modifying stereo

I'm trying to switch my cassette to an "aux in" in my kenwood krc-2007 casettet / radio. I do this because I want an aux in on the rear of the unit to play mp3s and I never use the cassette anyway and using a cassette adapter picked up interference and looked bad. I also want to retain the classic shaft style radio look.

My first thought was to just cut the wire that goes from the reader head and (I thought) carries the ground and 2-channels and here patch in my own signal. While doing so, I got some strange problem. Either the signal I patch in is clear and very weak, or it is normal but distorted, almost sounding like it is bottoming out depending on my output volume from the source. A friend of mine mentioned that sound stored on tape is stored in assymetric strength but was very vague so I really didn't understand what he meant. Anyways, I figure that the signal in the stereo must be a normal signal somewhere before the power amp stage and this is where I can patch in my new signal. Sadly, I'm unable to locate any wiring diagrams for the stereo. Any good ideas will be really appreciated

Quick Reply: modifying stereo