Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turtlevette
thank you Dr. Phil.
jeeze, it was just his 2 cents

Originally Posted by Yellow73SB
I still think you need your own section

Dboys C3 [kinda]tech and stereo

Originally Posted by ltinnell
Great forum, to bad some folks have to be a holes and mess it up. I personally met Durango boy and Batman at a car show earlier this year and I want to tell you that they are great guys who are truly interested in C3s and also has been a lot of help to a lot of us here. If you are one of the a holes I discussed, EASE UP and GET A LIFE! Must have something better to do with your time...........LT

Miles
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This post has gotten to a level that makes me think of why I no longer look forward to family gatherings, just too many smart-*** remarks and off the cuff ***** hues , even my use of the (seeya) wave icon was made light of, but I'am like Donald Duck, I dont give a big rats pittootie about it. Seems like there is a lot of jealousy ????? going on, but over what I am not sure, I love my Corvette, all Corvettes , have since I saw my first one at the Waldorf Astoria in N.Y.C. back in 1953. Now if I could break away from all this fun long enough to work on my car I'd be smiles ahead,,,,,,,, Good luck to ya's . Peace,,, Moosie
Old 07-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Yellow73SB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by ltinnell
Great forum, to bad some folks have to be a holes and mess it up. I personally met Durango boy and Batman at a car show earlier this year and I want to tell you that they are great guys who are truly interested in C3s and also has been a lot of help to a lot of us here. If you are one of the a holes I discussed, EASE UP and GET A LIFE! Must have something better to do with your time...........LT
Poor guys always having to resort to violence to sort out their indifferences. I've noticed this a lot when it comes to straddling Dboy
Old 07-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thank you Dr. Phil.
Thank you,this is exactly what i was talking about And i thought you were one of the decent guys Oh well ,i still think your car is nice.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:09 PM
NJVette77
Drifting

DB, what's the grace period between being a "new" member and just one of the "rank and file?"
Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 PM
V-Twin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billysvette
Oh well ,i still think your car is nice.
You DO?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Yellow73SB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

I'm starting to be over whelmed by how much schmucks are respected around here

This doesn't apply to any of the above posts BTW
Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM
randommj
Safety Car

Originally Posted by V-Twin
You DO?
any vette (unless badly modified to where it dosent look like a vette ne more) is nice

Miles
Old 07-04-2007, 06:19 PM
str8upchevy
Burning Brakes

Location: 90% of all Fords are still on the road.....the other 10% actually made it home!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the original poster: I appreciate your kind words and thoughts, and thank you for taking the time to acknowledge those who are just now making a home here. Unfortunately there's always going to be a few rotton apples in every bunch who like to take something good and try to spoil it. (I actually feel sorry for people like that) The funny thing is, age has nothing to do with it.......I've see a lot of immature adults acting as childish as a lot of these younger kids who are doing it.

I certainly don't mind it when people are up for a friendly debate in an attempt to get their view across, or to come to a mutual understanding,.......but when certain people jump in and think it's funny to bash somebody else, or make fun of them for petty little things like bad grammer or spelling, the first thing I do is put those people on my "IGNORE" list! That way they can continue doing what they do and I never have to know they're even there. I use to be one of those guys who always took everything so personal and got mad when somebody would say something I didn't like. (Then I grew up!)

So, from one respectful member to another,......you definitely can't stop people from being who they are,.....but you can always stop them from existing here in this online family. BTW, I don't come back later to threads like this in an attempt to try and see what other people wrote about me,.....so you'll have to send a PM if there's something you want to discuss.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
This is just a 'thank you' thread for all the newer members of this forum. I just wanted to say how much your time here is appreciated and how you are participating and contributing, making this forum great.
You'd think that this kind of statement would come from a senior moderator or even the Forum owner....not from a newbie like me.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SmokinBBC
You'd think that this kind of statement would come from a senior moderator or even the Forum owner....not from a newbie like me.

I am sorry Smokin but I do not see anything wrong with any forum member thanking other members for there knowledgeable contributions to the forum and its good members. I like the fact that I can come here to gain information that I may need and spread information that I may have to help others. Not only that but there are many ways to skin a cat as one would say so you may learn of a better way to do something than what a person has been doing for maybe years. You know helpful information exchange.

I would like to emphasize that. HELPFUL INFORMATION EXCHANGE.

Last edited by SHAKERATTLEROLL; 07-04-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
I am sorry Smokin but I do not see anything wrong with any forum member thanking other members for there knowledgeable contributions to the forum and its good members. I like the fact that I can come here to gain information that I may need and spread information that I may have to help others. Not only that but there are many ways to skin a cat as one would say so you may learn of a better way to do something than what a person has been doing for maybe years. You know helpful information exchange.

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it. I just think that it is too bad that a statement like this wouldn't come from someone associated with the Forum...an Owner maybe?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it. I just think that it is too bad that a statement like this wouldn't come from someone associated with the Forum...an Owner maybe?

Smokin you are very correct there. But oh well we can not ask for a Miracle lol.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:12 PM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Couple of things I don't understand

In the title DB is clearly addressing this thread to the new members. Why would you even post if you don't consider yourself a new member?

Second, why would you take the time to post something negative about someone instead of just placing the member you do not like on your ignore list?

So we have the members that are truly trying to contribute to the forum.
The instigators that are trying to be funny, but will make a statement knowing that someone will take the joke out of context
And the members that are just looking for the oppurtunity to post something negative.

Yes, I understand there is good advice and bad advice, but it should be up to the member to figure that out for themselves.

seems like times are changing
Old 07-04-2007, 07:13 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

maybe that is the root of the problem. An individual sees themself as a leader/mentor before they have earned and can truely fulfill that role?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Restorod '79
Pro

maybe that is the root of the problem. An individual sees themself as a leader/mentor before they have earned and can truely fulfill that role?
BINGO! And they type fast!

Get notified of new replies

To This goes out to all the NEW members !

Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Turtle come on now get back into the base ball field. I know some told you that you would catch a fly ball out in the parking lot but they were just playing lol. This is a simple thank you not hey lets all drink from the same Kool-Aid container lol.
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Yellow73SB
I still think you need your own section

Dboys C3 [kinda]tech and stereo

Only if he becomes a supporting vendor or tuner. Cheap bastich isn't even a supporting member.
Yellow73SB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

100%

Quick Reply: This goes out to all the NEW members !