Sponsored by:

Good, bad, and ugly...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Sprzout
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good, bad, and ugly...

Today, after hot and cold weather, and doing massive cleanup work, my dad and I pulled the motor on our Vette!

Last weekend, we spent the weekend trying to make sure just about everything we needed to yank it was removed, like the coolant, oil, hoses, etc...

We also just hacked off the old exhaust system from the car...The original exhaust was rusted, had flat spots, and in one section actually had a fair amount of carbon build up that was partially blocking the exhaust.

When we pulled the motor out today, my dad started disconnecting the transmission so that we could mount it to the engine stand, to prep it for a rebuild. As he was taking it off, he found oil that had seeped in around the bottom of the bell housing, and he also found that the flywheel was blued in spots, with gouges where the rivets from the clutch plate had made contact.

So, the flywheel's got to be replaced, the clutch and throwout bearings have to be replaced, and the motor's toast.

But, on the bright side, we got the motor out of the car, and can now have easy access to the upper & lower A-Arms to replace them in the VB&P kit we got.

Now, we just have to save up for the new motor, radiator, and exhaust that one of the local exhaust shops is going to install for us.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 AM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprzout
But, on the bright side, we got the motor out of the car, and can now have easy access to the upper & lower A-Arms to replace them in the VB&P kit we got.
Yep, the uppers will definitely be easier

Originally Posted by Sprzout
Now, we just have to save up for the new motor, radiator, and exhaust that one of the local exhaust shops is going to install for us.
Bummer

Quick Reply: Good, bad, and ugly...