C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PICS] What do you think of this? Would you be upset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:14 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like Barry's carb. quality is about on par with his Drag racing effort...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I care to find out is if that lid is actually plastic... Are you sure?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

You need to get a RA first, then send it back.

Like most companies, once they grow and hire a bunch of new people. These people don't have the same values as the people that first started the company. $'s become the focus, Marketing, and then comes value engineering. You paided for all and got their best final product.

I would guess Barry doesn't have a clue what's going on. He will once the sells go down and he wakes up.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Love My 72 and 77
The only thing I care to find out is if that lid is actually plastic... Are you sure?
That lid is not plastic, unless my eyes are really getting bad.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
1Z87L8
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big2Bird
Call the credit card company and stop payment. THAT will draw attention.
if you paid with a CC call them up and tell them you are in dispute with the company due to faulty parts received in the kit.
you will have to put it in writing and mail it within 7 days
( at least thats what my CC co required ) i would also include the photos of what they sent you.

this will definitely get BGs attention
Old 04-28-2007, 04:52 PM
1ARACE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Budman78
That lid is not plastic, unless my eyes are really getting bad.
I just got back from the shop, double checked the top lid, the underneath is aluminum or SS, but it still seems like it has some non-metal coating on top of the lid, so I don't know.
I also forgot to look closely down into the carbs for any debris.

Originally Posted by chevy69
From the looks of that thermostat housing I'd say they have a serious quality control issue. Doesn't anyone inspect what they ship out?

I could understand if there was a minor flaw or unseen crack that slipped through but it takes about 1 millisecond to see that the housing is improperly finished.
That's what blew my mind too, that sticks out like a sore thumb, so I have a hard time believing that anyone even checked it before it was sent out...which makes me wonder if everything else is up to par.

Originally Posted by FRSTR90

with everyone

Looks like its time to go back with the Stealth intake!!!!
If not theres always ebay and the original Tri-power set up...
Yeah I'm highly considering those options again, but not looking forward to installing another/same intake yet again.

One thing I did notice today, the fuel rail has a straight AN fitting, which makes no sense, because the radiator hose, coming off the water neck, is directly in the way, you would need a 90 degree AN fitting for it to work, no way the straight will work.

I would really like to give this setup a run and see how it performs, it could be a really nice setup that I may be happy with it. I do like the progressive linkage and it seems simple enough to tune, but seeing as how mundane and futile this situation has become, it's starting to become an eyesore and a daily reminder of

I really don't know what to do at this point, I can't sell it and can't use it without the correct parts. If I send it back I eat shipping charges. If I keep it and I run into more problems, then I may be back in same boat of getting replacement parts.
I have fought many battles with CC companies/paypal/amazon/ebay, etc...and it plain sucks, that is a last resort action for me.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Donnie Darko
Intermediate

Geez...whadya expect for $2600???

Do as others said...call the CC and get things in motion for a refund.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 PM
63mako
Race Director

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I would E-mail The VP a link to this post. Will probably get their attention real quick! I really like this setup and I think Doug responded on your other post. Send him a PM with a link to this post as well. You get this all ironed out let us know how it runs!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:35 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,715 Likes on 2,273 Posts

If you bought this stuff with a credit card, call the credit card company. Tell them the story and that you want to send it all back for a complete refund. If you normally pay your card bills on time, I think the credit card company will credit you with the return of the material and debit the funds from BG. This is just one advantage from buying something on credit. (I don't know if there are any other pluses!!!) I had a similar thing happen when I bought some glassware in Milano, Italy and asked them to ship it to me. They never sent it and probably never would have. Called VISA and they told them that they would back out the payment to the glass shop if they didn't ship PRONTO. Got exactly what I ordered the next week!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

if your not happy with it, then get another or your money.
You are the one who paid for it and paid for new a good condition stuff!
They have to satisfy you or it will be the last money they see.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
ngcolby
Pro

From what you received and from what is happening to you as far as lack of service, I would say that BG has some huge issues from one end of the company to the other. Their factory has poor/no quality control, they dont know what parts they are putting into a kit, and their customer service dept has more holes in it than the USS Arizona.

Call your CC co. and start a chargeback. You have acted in good faith and gotten an unusable collection of parts for your $2600.

I've heard of similar issues with BG, now I see proof complete with pics. I'll be certain to avoid them in the future.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
63mako
Race Director

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Well, if you want a modern big block Tripower setup there are no other options......
Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 AM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

After reading all the posts and responses...I will DEFINITELY NOT buy ANYTHING from those guys. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 AM
curtis74
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, that sucks! I really like the Demon carbs and BG's stuff. I hope I never have to deal with them like this. Out of principle alone, I would drive to the office and give them a good 'ol fashion beating!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 AM
82MDVette
Drifting

with Everyone. Just based on the quality of the product and the terrible Customer Service, the credit card card would have no problem disputing the charge!
I hope BG gets wind of this thread, because the amount of sales they have lost here should put a little dent in their business. This is so typical of todays companies and the way they treat their customer's after payment has been received.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 82MDVette
with Everyone. Just based on the quality of the product and the terrible Customer Service, the credit card card would have no problem disputing the charge!
I hope BG gets wind of this thread, because the amount of sales they have lost here should put a little dent in their business. This is so typical of todays companies and the way they treat their customer's after payment has been received.
Well it looks like there lack of customer service has been going on for a loooooooooooong time so at this point I feel they just do not care.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
1ARACE
Burning Brakes

Default Update

Here's the update, I called Jegs and CC company today, Jegs is sending me a FedEx label that will pay for the shipping back and I am recieving a full refund.
Well, maybe someone else will have better luck and can tell us how it runs.

P.S.: No call back from BG still.

Get notified of new replies

To [PICS] What do you think of this? Would you be upset?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1ARACE

BG does not care at all. They feel there are so many suckers out there to purchase there products with there pretty pictures that a few lost sales is no big deal.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Doug S
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1ARACE
Here's the update, I called Jegs and CC company today, Jegs is sending me a FedEx label that will pay for the shipping back and I am recieving a full refund.
Well, maybe someone else will have better luck and can tell us how it runs.

Mr. Lackey,

I apologize for the issues you had. I left two messages for you last week, one on the 24th 10:17 am, and one on Friday the 27th 2:35 pm. The VP of Operations was told not to call you back, since I was waiting to hear back from you.

I was calling to let you know the where we were on your replacement parts, that we were waiting on a vendor for the 2” element, and to find out if you wanted the parts sent out then or to wait and send it all complete.

The air cleaner lids are 100% Billet aluminum that is machined, and then polished no plastic or coatings anywhere near them. You never mentioned anything about any issues with the air cleaner lid, in any of our correspondence. As far as the fuel line most people would use a 90-degree hose end on their fuel line since this will be less restrictive than a 90-forged fitting.

Again, sorry for the issues you had. If you still want the items we’ll be happy to ship you the water neck, and screws as we’re still waiting on the elements. If not we understand.

Doug Schriefer

Technical Support,

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Doug S
Instructor

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
BG does not care at all. They feel there are so many suckers out there to purchase there products with there pretty pictures that a few lost sales is no big deal.
100% wrong, we do care about what we do!

Technical Support,

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com

Quick Reply: [PICS] What do you think of this? Would you be upset?