Sponsored by:

Favorite Vendor / Least Favorite Vendor

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AirTrafficController
This is THE last post of this thread. It's over. It was interesting to see some who only liked to b*tch about how stupid this thread was, instead of taking the high road, and not reading and responding to it. Too much ego here I guess. So, without further ado - this topic is closed.
I'm opening it back up...so you will have to close it again
Old 04-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

So, without further ado - this topic is closed.
Here we go, another self appointed moderator.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I disagree on your disagreement. It's no different than any other topic where experiences are shared with others. I've learned quite a bit about the vendors just from this thread, as well as certain perceptions of what are "allowable" topics. Here, have a brewski on me

Brew accepted.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Last Saturday night

Oh sorry its Vendor not Bendor, Never mind
Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
msb184
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Vendor

Anything- NO QUESTION- DYNAMIC CORVETTE- especially for hard to find parts. They restored a tilt-tele column (without a core) and had it to me quick. Also-VERY nice people for NEW,USED or REBUILT parts. ALSO-CORVETTE IMAGE- best fiberglass anywhere. Bought an L-88 hood & they sanded the underside smooth like OEM- They supply Fiberglass to Ecklers & others as they have many factory molds. BOTH CO's had very good service & polite help. I would buy again.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:35 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,516 Likes on 785 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by gliot1
Probably my favorite is Corvette Central. Fast delivery, great people on phone, no questsions asked returns.

I like Mid America but being in IL I have to pay sales tax if I buy from them.

I haven't had pretty good success with Eckler's as well.

Dr. Rebuild has some very unique hard to get pieces, but I must agree with the others. Very snotty on the phone; almost acts they're doing you a favor. They have real screwy payment policies and have on line ordering but no way to pay by credit card. How can have an internet business with no credita card payment or even PayPal. I have heard this is a retriement/part time business for these folks and that might explain the attitude. Too bad, they have had some parts that no one else has and seem to very accurate repros.

I was in error on the credit card statement. They do accept credit card, but they have a minimum order policy on internet sales.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
uh oh
hey JC....didn't you see the announcement that this thread is over??? Whatcha doin????

dep
Old 04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by DJ Dep
hey JC....didn't you see the announcement that this thread is over??? Whatcha doin????

dep
Always gotta have the last word, don't cha?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Favorite: Doc Rebuild because he has everything for my 68 and in stock and at very competitive prices
Least Favorite: Ecklers due to product quality and excessive shipping charges. They are no longer what they once were when Ralph Eckler owned it, and cared about the Corvette hobby
Kurt

Last edited by ksbunting; 04-06-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-06-2007, 04:43 PM
croussel
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendors

Good -
Corvette America is good. They provide a 3 months to return parts, no questions asked.

Mid-america - good but more expensive

Bad - Keen Parts - stay away. Just a very bad experience.

Favorite Vendor(s):

• Corvette America- for their extremely fast shipping all the time. (Points off for their catalog, and especially website: not descriptive enough on the parts!)
  • Corvette Central- for their easy catalog and variety of parts. (Easy online ordering, however cranky/rude cust. svc. rep. everytime I've called!)

Least Favorite Vendor(s):

• Year One - slowwwww service, poor receipt layout (no date!), but they do have a nice thick catalog.

Hopefully, these vendors will read our comments and improve in the areas that are mentioned.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by Jughead
Always gotta have the last word, don't cha?
only when people tell me i can't
Old 04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=croussel...Bad - Keen Parts - stay away. Just a very bad experience.[/QUOTE]

What problems have you had with Keen? I have bought little from them, but know them from the big shows. Good selection, good prices, nice people, go to big shows. The few parts I have bought from them were fine. They even had a post today asking how to improve their website. What's the problem?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
jrm5657
Melting Slicks

Received 686 Likes on 383 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Keen Parts is by far the best supplier out there, and I have probably bought from all of them over the past 30 years. Huge inventory, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Can't imagine anybody having a legitimate complaint with them.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:26 AM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by msb184
Anything- NO QUESTION- DYNAMIC CORVETTE- especially for hard to find parts. They restored a tilt-tele column (without a core) and had it to me quick. Also-VERY nice people for NEW,USED or REBUILT parts. ALSO-CORVETTE IMAGE- best fiberglass anywhere. Bought an L-88 hood & they sanded the underside smooth like OEM- They supply Fiberglass to Ecklers & others as they have many factory molds. BOTH CO's had very good service & polite help. I would buy again.
Dynamic Corvette???? I'm sure some experiences may have been good, but here's mine. I called them and asked for a specific piece of weatherstripping for a c3 hardtop. The guy (very nice) told me he DID NOT have anything in stock. I left my telephone number for him to call me if he ever got any. ONE WEEK LATER, Dynamic Corvettes, (same guy) was selling the exact item in EBAY. I emailed him asking why he did this and if he would end his little auction and sell me the part. He REFUSED. Great Service there!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Zip -
The McDonalds of Corvette Parts
Ok I take it there are still allot of vendors you have not purchased from. I am going to be 100% upfront with you even if you can't take it.
You get what you pay for. I do offer two levels on allot of the restoration parts, if you choose the cheap one I'll give you one guess where it comes from, these are the parts that several of my competitors sell to you, I also offer the reproduction that more so then not is more expensive. If you want nice then it is going to be more expensive. We are not the McDonalds of Corvette parts, we actually spend a massive amount of time choosing what we sell and using them ourselves. Like I said, you get what you pay for. If you want a $14 chrome air cleaner lid, then expect a $14 air cleaner lid, not a NCRS judgeable one.
Justin A.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,044 Likes on 809 Posts

I want to let the forum members in on my terrible experience with Tracy Performance.

I was looking for some head castings for a restoration project. The guy on the phone asked what dates I was looking for and I told him it did not matter to me. He says he has them and wants $500 for non-matching dates or $800 for matching dates. What a jerk! (These numbers are not exact, but you get the idea) I said "I will take a pair of the non-matching dates" and gave him my credit card number. He charges my card for them but never sends me anything.

I call to check on the order after a few weeks and they can't find any record of it. They said they would send the heads out but, again they never sent anything.

I called them again after a few more weeks and asked for them to refund my credit card and they said they would (rude and not apologetic at all) You guessed it, they never did that either. I had to fight it through the credit card company in order to get the refund.

How much worse than that can you get?

Just thought you guys might want to know about stuff like this before you bend over for them just because you think you have to.

-Mark.

Quick Reply: Favorite Vendor / Least Favorite Vendor