Sponsored by:

Kudos for Tracdogg2

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 AM
ratbike88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kudos for Tracdogg2

I just wanted to put in a 'plug' for Tracdogg2. I just received my freshly rebuilt differential last night. Mike did a gear swap from 4:11 to 3:55 and a complete rebuild. The rearend looks brand new. Mike kept me posted on every step of the rebuild process and offered lots of free advice from installation tips to rearend alignment tricks. I was a little concerned about keeping my 73 as close to original as possible and Mike took that a step further. While the case was original to the car, the rear cover and various other parts were from the wrong year. Mike said "no problem" and he swapped in all the correct year parts and even threw-in the little red posi tag to top-off the rebuild. As soon as it warms up a bit here in Colorado, I will reinstall it, and I am confident that it will perform as good as it looks. I needed several other rear suspension parts to put it all back together and Mike had what I needed in stock. The whole process went very well and the cost was reasonable too. Thanks Mike !!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Patrick73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike (Tracdogg2) is the best. No question about it. I can't say enough good things about his high quality work and honesty.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:14 PM
bondoboy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, he's a great guy to deal with and has good prices!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:16 PM
cherrybombc3
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratbike88
I just wanted to put in a 'plug' for Tracdogg2. I just received my freshly rebuilt differential last night. Mike did a gear swap from 4:11 to 3:55 and a complete rebuild. The rearend looks brand new. Mike kept me posted on every step of the rebuild process and offered lots of free advice from installation tips to rearend alignment tricks. I was a little concerned about keeping my 73 as close to original as possible and Mike took that a step further. While the case was original to the car, the rear cover and various other parts were from the wrong year. Mike said "no problem" and he swapped in all the correct year parts and even threw-in the little red posi tag to top-off the rebuild. As soon as it warms up a bit here in Colorado, I will reinstall it, and I am confident that it will perform as good as it looks. I needed several other rear suspension parts to put it all back together and Mike had what I needed in stock. The whole process went very well and the cost was reasonable too. Thanks Mike !!!

Can you share rear end aligning tips?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:20 AM
tracdogg2
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks guys,
I really appreciate the good words.
Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
my2nd78
Instructor

Thanks Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I'm glad the swap worked out. Cruising is going to be a lot more fun at 3000 rpm. Make sure you break that think in slow and do a few slow figure 8's in a closed parking lot.

Can't wait to try those 4:11's out at the track.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Hum I see most of you are in Texas, is a KUDO a Tex-Mex food item!!??

Mike you never told me you like KUDO'S ..hehehe LOL!

Mike is a good guy who does a great job. Who else would will work on those 80-82 differentials~! LOL
Old 02-17-2007, 11:32 AM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Patrick73
Mike (Tracdogg2) is the best. No question about it. I can't say enough good things about his high quality work and honesty.

Originally Posted by bondoboy
Yeah, he's a great guy to deal with and has good prices!

Mike is THE man. He gave me a great price on all my front end parts and then when I asked him the best way to get the bushes out etc because the manuals are all different to each other and to what people in here say, he wrote out a step by step procedure for me - complete with photo's!!!!

Maybe he should change his username to TOPdogg

Thanks Mike...

Hehehe, just noticed you're in Garland. I used to date a girl from Garland and spent loads of time there!

Last edited by saudivette; 02-17-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
ratbike88
Intermediate

Default Mike's Rearend Alignment Tip

As I mentioned at the start of this post, Mike gave me several tips to help with the installation of my newly rebuilt rearend. When I put everything back together and dropped the rear of the car to the ground, my wheel camber looked something like this / \ Mike suggested that I jack the car up, cut a couple of 8" x 8" plywood squares and take 6 or 7 old pushrods and set the plywood squares and pushrods under the tires. Lower the car down on these little roller plates. Get under the car and crank the camber bolts in or out until your wheels look like this | |
Worked much better than jacking car up, make a little adjustment, drop car, roll it around until suspension settles, check camber, jack up, make a little adjustment, etc. Thanks Mike
Old 02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
tracdogg2
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by GTR1999
Hum I see most of you are in Texas, is a KUDO a Tex-Mex food item!!??

Mike you never told me you like KUDO'S ..hehehe LOL!

Mike is a good guy who does a great job. Who else would will work on those 80-82 differentials~! LOL
Gary, I'm not sure if a kudo is Tex-Mex. Being originally from the northeast I've had to try a few foods here that I didn't reconize. Then again there's some foods I have no intention of trying.
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos for Tracdogg2

Quick Reply: Kudos for Tracdogg2