Originally Posted by turtlevette
.... HELLO???
hi turtle, how are ya?

Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
panic
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by classiczx
I'm just an artist / designer working for a clothing company.
dolce e gabbana?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:33 AM
bobs76stingray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is alittle much.

Originally Posted by classiczx
I know... crazy prices but he doesn't charge anyone else less comparatively for resto work / mods.. etc.... so I'm not being ripped off based on what everyone else is paying him.

I'm sure I could have easily found someone who would do it alot cheaper but I've had bad experiences so I'm just gonna take a chance and hope I'll be happy with everything he does.
I understand being ripped off as a concern,but I also would check around for a much better price,This guy is really putting it to you.I built my 76 from only the body shell.I did the suspension,engine,tranny,ect,ect.It just dosent warrant these prices IMO.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:03 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by jrostocki
Thanks for all the help guys!

I am sure that I am just like the rest of you out there- wanting to remortgage my house for that c5 suspension and tube frame- but at some point reality has to set in. I love driving my car- but sometimes it feels like being in a washing machine when I hit bumps. I put in a new composite monoleaf in the back (the VBP adjustable one) with the bilsteins Much better ride- but that could also be because both shocks were toast- one of them the fluid was leaking out. (FYI its a 68 convertible)
I got lucky in a way my 69 had a rusted frame and I found a rebuilt chassis cheap as in about what all the new VB transverse upgrade stuff cost for the whole chassis, the stuff Smooth72 posted,
I have not got the car driving ...very soon and my biggest concern is it will make my ride harsher, the tech at VB says it won't.
I never would have bought all that stuff just for my cruising around, I simply would rather spend the $$$ in other places.
You know the thing is if you are not going racing ( I'm not ) then why spend money on any suspension changes over the good old stock set up.
You can get shocks to help the ride and could do different stock springs but the simple fact is these are sports cars and will not have a caddy like ride heck my wifes civvic rode better...
Old 05-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

This post in very old. I hope you know you dug this out from 2006!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
This post in very old. I hope you know you dug this out from 2006!
Crap...I didnt dig it out but didnt look at dates either was just tossing my 2 cents on the water...someone dig have to be rooting in search to have dug it up...

Quick Reply: Best aftermarket C3 Suspension upgrade