C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Junior Members-Odd Questions and then GONE ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Junior Members-Odd Questions and then GONE ???

I have been noticing some really crazy questions coming from Junior members that never even fill out their profile. Could this be someone making up fake Junior member names and asking "made up" questions just to screw with the Forum? Or is this someone trying to just keep things interesting and people talking? I'm becoming increasingly hesitant to even answer some of these questions because the Junior sometimes never even responds. This is a great forum and I just cant understand why they would come in get a question answered and then go away and not at least say "thanks","kiss my a$$","you guys suck",or if we helped them fix their car.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
sweethence
Le Mans Master

Location: Wilmington DE, Drive it like you stole it, 68 327 4 speed coupe
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DWncchs
I have been noticing some really crazy questions coming from Junior members that never even fill out their profile. Could this be someone making up fake Junior member names and asking "made up" questions just to screw with the Forum? Or is this someone trying to just keep things interesting and people talking? I'm becoming increasingly hesitant to even answer some of these questions because the Junior sometimes never even responds. This is a great forum and I just cant understand why they would come in get a question answered and then go away and not at least say "thanks","kiss my a$$","you guys suck",or if we helped them fix their car.

I call em one hit wonders

so thanks, Kiss my a$$, and You suck

J/K

Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sweethence

J/K

Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was a one hit wonder on a Mustang forum when I was trying to learn more about my Cobra fan I plan to use in place of the more common MarkVIII fan. I needed details and figured the best place was a Mustang forum. I go tmy info, and haven't been back since. I did thank them, but the one post was it.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take one of these and you will feel better in the morning!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
mpett1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweethence

J/K

Nice!!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

We should all collaborate and make a:
Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
75 Red Vert
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is also polite when someone asks a question, gets a few answers, and then replies that whatever it was worked.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Originally Posted by 75 Red Vert
I think it is also polite when someone asks a question, gets a few answers, and then replies that whatever it was worked.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
I was a one hit wonder on a Mustang forum when I was trying to learn more about my Cobra fan I plan to use in place of the more common MarkVIII fan. I needed details and figured the best place was a Mustang forum. I go tmy info, and haven't been back since. I did thank them, but the one post was it.
Yes but you would have been precise,to the point and above all "Polite"
Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 AM
gyopp
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of the one hit wonders may be embarrassed because the answers they are getting to thier questions seem so simple. Hey, I have asked some pretty dumb questions too but I just keep coming back for more.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:00 PM
international blue
Melting Slicks

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Unfortunately for you guys I am a newbie that seems to keep coming back. I in my short time here have gottien great information for my database on the 68, pictures of my to be finished Richmond 6 speed mount, great body lift off pics, wheel and tire pics, and found the car that trailed mine off the line and met the owner.

You get out of things what you put in....

Now if I can only learn how to get an Avatar and post pictures...
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed the disappearing act of many noobies over the years too, but you must realize...not everyone who owns these cars is a Corvette enthusist. To many owners out there it's just a car. Most who have stayed on this board for years are passionate about Vettes, and this is their main hobby. I've seen many local Vette owners who just cruise around. They don't know (or care to know) anything about Corvette/Chevy history, mechanics, etc. They just drive em and have someone else fix em.
Corvette restoration/mechanic shops around here (northern Illinois) do a landfall business.
Eddie
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
kevinator80
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
but the one post was it.
You don't expect us to believe that do you?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default No stupid questions

The only stupid questions are those that are not asked,,,we've all been there at one time or another, it may be that the questions asked are answered rather "smartly" (wise a$$ly) and the asker is too embarassed to ask anymore?????? dunno, but I think that as a prerequisite for membership should be a legitemately filled out profile. And thats all I have to say about that,,,,Peace,,,Moosie
Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
jdmick
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Edzred72
I've noticed the disappearing act of many noobies over the years too, but you must realize...not everyone who owns these cars is a Corvette enthusist. To many owners out there it's just a car. Most who have stayed on this board for years are passionate about Vettes, and this is their main hobby. I've seen many local Vette owners who just cruise around. They don't know (or care to know) anything about Corvette/Chevy history, mechanics, etc. They just drive em and have someone else fix em.
Corvette restoration/mechanic shops around here (northern Illinois) do a landfall business.
Eddie
That's hard to believe but your probably right. I'm not an ASE mechanic but I do just about everything myself. The few times I've had a shop do something for me such as charging up the AC have been expensive disasters. If I had to rely on those guys to fix everything for me on this car I'd have gotten rid of it almost right away. It's understandable then how you sometimes run across people almost desperate to get rid of their Vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Junior Members-Odd Questions and then GONE ???

Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kevinator80
You don't expect us to believe that do you?

Careful, knocking on the dog house might wake the big dog inside...
Old 10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Glenn"Mr.Blue"Smith
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moosie982
:????? dunno, but I think that as a prerequisite for membership should be a legitemately filled out profile. And thats all I have to say about that,,,,Peace,,,Moosie
moosie, problem is they will just fill in fictious stuff anyway. I've sent PMs to some asking for more info in a polite way, and most will not answer. The kid with the 77 that "his old man gave him" from Texas is a good example. I aked him in a private e-mail if his dad was 'gray77n86' or somthing like that from Texas, since he was also from Texas and 'gray' had said he gave his 77 to his son and that he was a good kid....Nothing back. Oh well, it's everyones forum and they can write on it how they want in side our guidelines. Peace back at you. Glenn

Last edited by Glenn"Mr.Blue"Smith; 10-16-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
BenUK
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Two things to say here about all these one-question n00bs who ask weird things: "yellow73sb" and "Tony Sinclair"

Quick Reply: Junior Members-Odd Questions and then GONE ???