Sponsored by:

Ford Expedition Fuse Panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ford Expedition Fuse Panel

Anybody out there know where the fuse box is located in a 2003 a Ford Expedition?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:45 PM
michael c. volpe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinBBC
Anybody out there know where the fuse box is located in a 2003 a Ford Expedition?

pop open the hood, and look to the drivers side. i believe that is where it is on my explorer. may be the same for you.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

take the lower dash panel loose under the steering column, 2 screws at the bottom. it may have a black cover on it but it it is right there. there is also one under the hood. what type of problem are you having? I am a Ford tech (my real job) I can help you out.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Originally Posted by gator79
take the lower dash panel loose under the steering column, 2 screws at the bottom. it may have a black cover on it but it it is right there. there is also one under the hood. what type of problem are you having? I am a Ford tech (my real job) I can help you out.
Both my auxilary outlets are out(the ones that look like they could be cigarette lighers). The one on the passenger side of the front console and the one on the back of the console. Possibly a fuse out?

Paul
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
gator79
Safety Car

very possible, they might be on 2 different fuses, usually caused by a bad plug on an acessory
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Default Found it

Gator, I found it...It is behind the kick panel on the passenger side.

There appears to be only 1 fuse box with a whole sheetload of fuses.

There is a master panel on the engine firewall on the passneger side. There are 3 large harnesses that plug into this panel.

I followed the first harness accross to the other side of the engine and through the drivers firewall. On the inside of the car it goes down under the sill plate to the rear of the vehicle...must be for all the rear electronics? Is there possibly a fuse panel in the back?

I couldn't follow the second harness.

The third harness goes strait down the firewall into the pasenger area behind the kick panel and into the fuse box.

Now, to figure out which fuse it might be. The owners manual is not clear on where the fuse box is. But it does have a good listing of the fuses.

BTW, this is a full loaded Eddie Bower version with all the toys including the 2/4a/4h/4l gear box....it is a fantastic vehicle for my family of 5, boat, trailer, etc. (Boat is a 26ft cruiser weighing in at about 8000lbs with trailer dry..the expedition handles it no problem with the proper load adjusting hitch)!

Thx for the help.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SmokinBBC
Gator, I found it...It is behind the kick panel on the passenger side.

There appears to be only 1 fuse box with a whole sheetload of fuses.

There is a master panel on the engine firewall on the passneger side. There are 3 large harnesses that plug into this panel.

I followed the first harness accross to the other side of the engine and through the drivers firewall. On the inside of the car it goes down under the sill plate to the rear of the vehicle...must be for all the rear electronics? Is there possibly a fuse panel in the back?

I couldn't follow the second harness.

The third harness goes strait down the firewall into the pasenger area behind the kick panel and into the fuse box.

Now, to figure out which fuse it might be. The owners manual is not clear on where the fuse box is. But it does have a good listing of the fuses.

BTW, this is a full loaded Eddie Bower version with all the toys including the 2/4a/4h/4l gear box....it is a fantastic vehicle for my family of 5, boat, trailer, etc. (Boat is a 26ft cruiser weighing in at about 8000lbs with trailer dry..the expedition handles it no problem with the proper load adjusting hitch)!

Thx for the help.
the 2003 must be wired like the new ones are, I thought they made that change in 2004 see what happens when you trust your memory. that fuse panel controls most of the truck and has a body control module intergrated into it, bad design if you ask me. there is no other panel besides that one and the main under the hood. if you call me tomorrow I will look up the wiring for you and get the correct fuses.
I will pm you my cell number
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

I think I found it..

Location number 39 front console power point, rear console power point.

Looks like both go through the same fuse.

thanks

Paul
Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

That was it..thanks for the offer of help gator

Get notified of new replies

To Ford Expedition Fuse Panel

Quick Reply: Ford Expedition Fuse Panel