Progressive really screwed me

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmick
This is a good example why the "agreed value" system the classic car insurers use is the way to go.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thrilher
i hate to say it but insurance,social security,income tax,federal reserve bank are all private firms that are gonna rip this countries heart out and skip town...they still owe claims to katrina victims over a year later. only thing holding this country together now is our military industrial complex and as you know, 7th fleet is sailing towards iran right now and expected to arrive saturday.We may prove to be useful a bit longer if they get their war agenda as planned. Ship commanders are screaming over this move. I'm sure they are gonna get that war started before the republicans lose thier seats. New laws passed hurriedly by bush have made our gov a fascist dictatorship. Kinda like the seatbelt laws were relaxed and we could continue to drive w/o them a number of years in most states, then they started enforcing them. so will these new dictatorial laws be enforced when deemed necessary.things have been unfolding really fast the last few years so watch current events.i hope your all watching.. kiss habeous corpus g'bye..
BTW, post that crap in O/T.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
thrilher
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i hear ya, just a little insight on why we are paying top dollar recently and getting minimal on our purchases.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

yea i hear ya, just a little insight on why we are paying top dollar recently and getting minimal on our purchases.
The " " means I don't agree with your post.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM
SmokinBBC
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate to say it but insurance,social security,income tax,federal reserve bank are all private firms that are gonna rip this countries heart out and skip town...they still owe claims to katrina victims over a year later. only thing holding this country together now is our military industrial complex and as you know, 7th fleet is sailing towards iran right now and expected to arrive saturday.We may prove to be useful a bit longer if they get their war agenda as planned. Ship commanders are screaming over this move. I'm sure they are gonna get that war started before the republicans lose thier seats. New laws passed hurriedly by bush have made our gov a fascist dictatorship. Kinda like the seatbelt laws were relaxed and we could continue to drive w/o them a number of years in most states, then they started enforcing them. so will these new dictatorial laws be enforced when deemed necessary.things have been unfolding really fast the last few years so watch current events.i hope your all watching.. kiss habeous corpus g'bye..

Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
thrilher
Racer

i know u didn't agree with the post, you are obviously typical american uninformed and i'm not making a political debate out of it. It was about the "new" american style of doing business and their ability to get the most out of you and giving you the least in terms of services rendered. If you don't evolve with the times thats on you i know what i gotta do. You are the HERO i'm the terrorist hotshot..I hope that makes you feel better
Old 10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

i know u didn't agree with the post, you are obviously typical american uninformed and i'm not making a political debate out of it. It was about the "new" american style of doing business and their ability to get the most out of you and giving you the least in terms of services rendered. If you don't evolve with the times thats on you i know what i gotta do. You are the HERO i'm the terrorist hotshot..I hope that makes you feel better
You don't know me, and you know nothing about my politics. I will tell you this: If we all ran like Murtha wants us too, and move all our troops from Iraq to Okinawa, 9-11 will be only the beginning. I support our troops and our President. IBTL/IBTM
Old 10-18-2006, 02:34 AM
thrilher
Racer

what was that place you told me to take it to earlier? whatever forum it is i will meet you there and embarass you and if you need an audience bring these people with you. I'm not using this corvette forum to carry on a debate with an unarmed sheep. this is my last post on this subject. If you wanna test my skills let me know in private. I've already gave u hero status in this forum...the next one will be quite different hotshot. bring your flag!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 AM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a good example why the "agreed value" system the classic car insurers use is the way to go.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
1982CorvetteDude
Melting Slicks

what was that place you told me to take it to earlier? whatever forum it is i will meet you there and embarass you and if you need an audience bring these people with you. I'm not using this corvette forum to carry on a debate with an unarmed sheep. this is my last post on this subject. If you wanna test my skills let me know in private. I've already gave u hero status in this forum...the next one will be quite different hotshot. bring your flag!
Oh great .............another person on my ignore list
Old 10-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

...another example of why people are saving $100 by switching to Progressive.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:26 AM
big_G
Le Mans Master

I asked you to take your discussion to O/T...(Off-Topic). No, I won't "meet" you there to debate, nothing will be solved. My time will be better spent chatting with my Corvette Forum bud's here. BTW, what you do with unarmed sheep is your business.

Last edited by big_G; 10-18-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1982CorvetteDude
Any updates

I'm still trying to find someone in Florida who can appraise my car.There's nothing in the phonebook and I couldn't find anyone on line. Does anyone know of anyone in Central Florida who appraises Corvettes?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:10 PM
kend414
Racer

[QUOTE=Jims79]Man T-vette that's a little hard on the guy. He just cracked up his vette, his ins co tells him its not worth anything & you tell him it all his fault.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:11 PM
kend414
Racer

Originally Posted by big_G
BTW, post that crap in O/T.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:02 AM
jdp6000
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Attfay Elleybay
I'm still trying to find someone in Florida who can appraise my car.There's nothing in the phonebook and I couldn't find anyone on line. Does anyone know of anyone in Central Florida who appraises Corvettes?
No offence but you are being taken advantage of. I'm in the insurance business up here. Tell your insurance company to send that offer to you in writing. In my opinion the are acting in bad faith.

They have Edmonds you have Nada (as posted here earlier) indicating higher values. Cut an paste it...send it to them. One crosses out the other. Theirs says $1500...your says $7000 (or what ever it was). Get an average on Autotrader...send it to them.

The only thing that counts is what it would cost to buy another Vette of like kind and quality. Estimates are meaningless.

We have a document up here called a "Proof of Loss" form. I think an insurer down there would also have that or something similar. They are suppose to send it within 30 days. Its a form you complete. You indicate on it how much you are claiming. They have 60 days to accept or deny. These time lines are serious. Ask them for the document. where is it???

Time to play hard ball. Email the president of Progressive. Call the president of Progressive. Tell them their adjuster is acting in bad faith...they don't like these two words.

If they stick to this $1500 figure. Ask them to provide you with the information on where you can buy a comparible vette for this amount.

Jim
Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

$3800. and I really don't want to talk about it anymore.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:07 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Ray Y
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

ro

AMEN brother....Hagerty.com with an agreed value policy!

Quick Reply: Progressive really screwed me