Sponsored by:

Best Place to Sell A C3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:30 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Place to Sell A C3 ???

i have it listed in the C3 for sale forum here however i want to list it elsewhere as well...
where do you guys recomend???
Thanx

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1382813
Old 08-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Vet76te
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The Auto Trader and Auto Trader "On Line" are the best places. They have a generic magazine along with Antique and Corvette issue.

Unfortunetley, a very nice car like yours, for a very nice price, seems to get lost in the shuffle. While your car is obvioulsy a very nice car, once you get over $15K a guy can get into an entry level CB C3.

And it seems as most Vette buyers would rather buy a car needing a little TLC that they can do themselves. We've all been there. You see a semi rough car at what looks like a bargain, and we buy it thinking,.."For a little cash I can really make that car nice and have a gerat deal". Of course, the trouth of the matter is,...just as with your car,...we end up spending thousands of dollars on the car that we will never get back.

Anyway, to answer you question,...I would list it in the auto trader.

Good luck
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 PM
dcress1127
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SIGNGUY
i have it listed in the C3 for sale forum here however i want to list it elsewhere as well...
where do you guys recomend???
Thanx

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1382813
Sign Guy, I have just sold two of my cars and have another for sale so, let me comment. The best place is where you get the most exposure to the most customers. No place is necessarily easy or fast unless you give it away. You will have to wade through the dreamers and BS'rs and flat out liars and thieves not to mention some pretty sharp con artist and scammers. Since your car is not a high dollar car, you might have the best luck locally or close buy. For example a gorgeous car like yours which is priced very well to the market is located in a year round environment which allows a buyer to use his/her purchase. Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples are all good markets. Miami will put you in with a few more undesirable potential buyers, but it is a good market nonetheless. Ebay still reaches a wide audience. This forum is not the best place in my opinion. Full of tight wads like me. From your pictures, you have one of the nicest I have seen. Best of Luck to you and if you run across anyone wanting a 1953 replica built in Florida, send them my way. You can see it at

http://quincyillinoispolice.com/1953%20vette.htm
Old 08-19-2006, 08:24 PM
C3 RV
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '15

In addition to Autotrader, some states or regions have another leading car ad publication. For example, in Mid-Michigan there's a publication called Wheeler Deeler that lots of people pick up and thumb through.

Some areas have a high penetration with www.craigslist.com . University towns seem strongest. It's free, so it's worth a try.

The classifieds here are great with some serious and knowledgeable buyers. However, some of us can be rather prickly. I bought my car last fall from a fellow forum member who had it listed here. I knew I wanted an 81 or 82 and set a ceiling of $15K for a completed car ready to run this spring. I knew it would be a balancing game - pay more for the car and not have to do much to it, or pay less for the car and spend more on repairs / restoration. I chose the former and am very satisfied.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:52 PM
69vette66
Pro

www.vettefinders.com
sold mine in 3 weeks.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Place to Sell A C3 ???

Quick Reply: Best Place to Sell A C3 ???