Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax Blackjack header opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Xakk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax Blackjack header opinions?

I've finally come to the conclusion that there's a snowball's chance in hell that I'm ever going to come up with the cash for a set of Hooker side pipes. And the more than I think about it, with a one year old and a wife who's well under five feet tall, that's probably for the best. So I've started shopping around for a set of headers to replace the rusty ramhorns on the car right now.

My biggest concern with headers has always been that I've seen so many out there than hang down to low below the car. We've got a lot of speed bumps around here, and I don't relish the idea of draggin' bottom every time I turn around. I shopped around at Summit, and like the looks of the Dynomax headers. To me they don't look like they would hang down as low as say Hooker or Headmans might.

But on the other hand, that's guesswork on my part. So to those of you who have used Dynomax headers, how do they fit? Ground clearance? Steering box clearance? Share with me your wisdom!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

I personally went with Summit's long tubes and have yet to hear them scrape on anything. Being in San Diego there are lots of dips and speed bumps.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 PM
SLine78
Racer

I bought my Dynomax headers used from SteveG75. I have not experienced any clearance problems with them.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,679 Likes on 1,353 Posts

I have a set that baked off the ceramic coating during a cam break in. They angle down more then the ak5000's I have on my 72. They don't hit anything.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had them for 5 years with no problems, finish dulled up a bit but other then where I scrapped it off () it has held up well
Old 07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a set that I have had for about 15 years. I've ceramic coated them and modifed them with 4-2-1 collectors.
I've been very satisfied with them.

Get notified of new replies

To Dynomax Blackjack header opinions?

Quick Reply: Dynomax Blackjack header opinions?