Sponsored by:

Muffler Question/Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:59 PM
ESC3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Question/Problem

A previous owner had true dauls put on my 79',the pipes are in great shape,but the mufflers are starting to rust out and getting loud(no there's nothing wrong with loud).I want to put a set of stock mufflers on but before I order them what should I ask for?Will stock 79' Mufflers fit the 74 style pipes,if they are 74 style pipes?Is the actuall exhaust system different through the years or are the PN's on the mufflers different because of sound requirements.What should I ask for?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
HDFLH67
Racer

You won't pass NY inspection without your original exhaust configuration unless you "know a guy..." Specifics for inspection can be found on line.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
ESC3
Racer

Originally Posted by HDFLH67
You won't pass NY inspection without your original exhaust configuration unless you "know a guy..." Specifics for inspection can be found on line.
Yeah,well I know a guy...back to the muffler question,will any muffler fit or are they year specific?
Old 07-08-2006, 10:35 PM
IMA 66
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe all the years are the same for exhaust. from the ones i have seen the underneath is the same with the two holes passing through the frame even if they are single exhast back. I would think as long as th einlet of muffler is the same size as your pipes you should be ok.

Get notified of new replies

To Muffler Question/Problem

Quick Reply: Muffler Question/Problem