Monza Tilt front w pop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Offbeat Octane
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monza Tilt front w pop-ups

Hola folks,
I was looking at the monza hood in ecklers earlier today, and i like it but not at all a fan of the fixed headlight deal they've got going. Anyone seen one converted to have pop-ups? I'd love to have the ease of access with the whole front of the car getting out of my way!!

Thanks,
Chad
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Nacho_Libre
Instructor

Installing pop-up headlights on a tilt front end would be an engineering nightmare.

Why not install the L-88 lights? That might be do-able with a reasonable amount of effort.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
rentalcop79
Intermediate

I just bought this piece a few weeks ago (at the shop now pending install). I got mine with the headlights bonded on, which would make what you're trying to do totally out of the question, But if you got it with the holes still there, i think you'd have trouble b/c they don't reall match up to where the stock headlights are, and the assembly would be in the way of the tilt bars. so it won't work with the stock assembly.

BUT if you can affix the headlights to the actual front end, it should work. Would be an awful lot of extra weight on the front end though.

Get notified of new replies

To Monza Tilt front w pop-ups

Quick Reply: Monza Tilt front w pop-ups